ok!!! You can smash, just don't aim at me.

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Ti_kon, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Ti_kon

Ti_kon Regular Member

:eek: howdy gang!!!

I'm a newbie both to the forum and badminton. I always love badminton. Played for fun in junior high and that was 8-9 years ago. Just started to play again to keep fit. The more I play, the more I want to improve. So here I am, reading and learning about badminton. This is an excellent forum. So far, I enjoy the posts very much, so much that I decided to join.

I live in Surrey (Fleetwood) British Columbia, Canada. Anyone needs a partnert to play with and don't mind that I'm a beginner, I would be happy to come along. Send me an email, khanh@telus.net.

Anyway, hello, so I did say. See you around.

Ti_Kon

2. Ti_kon

Ti_kon Regular Member

I forgot to describe my playing style. No training, learned from watching and playing. Usually play at the Guildford sport complex and started hanging out with the Fraser Heights badminton team. Need a lots of coaching. Just want to improve as time goes along. The goal is to play a competitive game to keep fit and happy.

Ti_kon

3. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Actually, aiming to smash at the opponent is one of the greatest joys of badminton; to see him or her take or run out of sight as you home in to hammer the shuttle down means absolute victory! ;)

Anyway, welcome Ti_kon. We were all beginners once. :)

4. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    Welcome to the forums! If you were in San Diego, I'd definitely play with you! Sadly British Columbia (and Canada at that) is far, far away. :p

5. Ti_kon

Ti_kon Regular Member

I always started out cocking for smashes like that at my female friends then ended up just taping gently into their bodies and ended up with giggles.

Bobo, I often visit San Diego. I have friends and relatives down there. Next time when I'm down there, hopefully we get to play together.

6. other

other Regular Member

Student
    hehe...and i haven't progressed much either since then :D

7. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    Sure thing! My parents and I are always playing somewhere. You'll definitely have to come join us sometime if you're down there. :D Good way to meet new people too :)

8. Ti_kon

Ti_kon Regular Member

I just realized that the first sign of improvement is the desire to improve and the will to seek answers.

I have read many new valuable knowedge of the game, I feel like playing and practicing right now, even thought it's 2:12Am. Hey, there should be a night courts for people like us.

Ti_Kon