Gadget for attaching net ropes to poles

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by uroboros, May 1, 2004.

1. uroboros

uroboros New Member

Molecular biologist
    Hiya,

My local YMCA has some really net gadget to easily attach net rope to the poles.

I'd love to buy half a dozen for my badminton club, but I haven't been able to find any on the web! I thought everything was on the web. Now I have to poople instead of google... OK it's a bad pun, I'm sorry.

Please please let me know if you have any idea where I can procure this item.

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I think it'll help make your search easier if you know eactly what it's called. Did you ask the management in charge what the gadget is called? Could you describe it? Even better, post a picture of it on the forum... maybe someone would recognise it and point you to the right direction.

3. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Why do you need a gadget to attach the net to the poles?

Why can't you just tie the string to the loops on the poles with your hands?

4. other

other Regular Member

Student
    or, even easier, measure out where you would tie the ropes, and then just tie a loop at each end. Put the loop over the hooks on the posts, and just pull the posts out to stretch the net to the proper tension.

5. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    there's another real neat invention too, and free of charge - it's call a trucker's hitch knot... cinch knots have been around forever, and are absolutely simple and painless ways to tie up nets.

another one which you may need to make or buy are guyline hitches, and these are also used for tensioning and cinching. very cheap but very effective.