Broken Yonex MP99 - New Racket recommendation

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by type R jai, May 4, 2015.

1. type R jai

type R jai Regular Member

Guys and Gals. Hi

Ive recently got back into playing. And on the second session back, upon letting a friend use my back up racket my MP99 has a crack in the 12 o clock position.

Not happy, but as great as the racket is it was never one that suited me. I use to play with a carlton and after lots of reading on google and on here i got myself a MP99. I got the choice horribly wrong. I could not get use to it. I just could not play as well with my old carlton. My smash was gone. It was then i realised i am much better suited to a heavy headed racket.

Another purchase after lots of reading, a second Gen Armortec AT700. And what a racket. I love it. This was in 2006

I usually always play doubles, main strengths being clears and smashes. Play to a good intermediate level

Now with the MP99 broken i am looking at a New Racket to replace the MP99.

I am looking for a new racket, i have friends in Singapore and Hong Kong. If this is easier........Probably easier to get a old discontinued racket

Do i try one of newer generation of rackets or try and locate another AT700.

I am open to other brands now. So what do you guys recommend.

I would say the new racket if it isnt another AT700 must be at least as head heavy and have the same characteristics.

My Current AT700 is 3UG3 UK racket. I adore this racket and would happily buy another if i could find one.

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Doubt you will find an at700 any more. Voltric 80 probably fairly similar. Also look into z-force ii or Victor's Thruster range - tk9000, or tk9900 (whenever that comes out...)

3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Of course you can give the Lining n90 I a try - the closest thing to the AT700.

4. type R jai

Hi and thanks for the replies.

I will check out the Li Ning now. Its even in red like the AT700.

I have asked friend to look around in Singpore for me now.

I too will be going back to Hong Kong in a few weeks. Does anyone know of any reputable shops i can trust that may have the AT700 in stock

I uncovered a AT700 Premium. This worth a look ?? does it command a huge premium over the std AT700

5. type R jai

Hi guys I've just seen the voltric zfii lib Dan edition.

Im loving the yellow colour scheme. what better way to replace a mp99 then with another yellow racket.

I can't find a direct comparison. but saying I can use the at700 to its full potential. Will this apply to the zfii?

It's aweful lot of money to getting the purchase wrong...

would hate to think I'd be better off tracking down a at700