Returning to Badminton - Where to play?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by Daemonwings, May 6, 2015.

1. Daemonwings

Daemonwings Regular Member

So I haven't played badminton in quite some time since I left university. I'm looking to play on the weeknights preferably in north york area or markham. I am around the intermediate- advanced level. I'm still in good shape ( competitive rock climber) but my shots are probably very inconsistent at this point.

I'm wondering if people have advice on where to go play drop-ins ( I don't really have anyone to play with at this point) and on what days?

Thankss!

2. wning

wning Regular Member

You can try Commander in Scar. on Friday night 7-12PM for drop in?

3. samman

samman Regular Member

I'm interested too! How much is the drop-in? Feather or plastic?

4. Daemonwings

Thanks for the recommendation, a lot of different gyms have popped up since I looked into it last. I did some research and saw iplay, as well as C2, as well as suria. Has anyone been to these gyms for drop in? what days do people normally play?

Thanks,

5. garry.pantja

garry.pantja Regular Member

Hi,

IPlay only has a drop in every Monday starts at 8pm. Also, I know that every Wednesday night there is a group plays there as well. The Monday level is pretty good. I think if you are an intermediate or advanced player, you may like playing there.

6. Daemonwings

Hmm thanks for the info, I'll definitely check it out. I'm right now just making rounds and seeing where I can find a place to play with a good level. I visited Suria and they had some nice games today, but they're usually booked solid for training it seems.

Anyone play at Lees or Flying Dragon that wouldn't mind me joining in some games? I know it's kind of a long shot. I play feather and have some birds.

7. wning

wning Regular Member

I used to play at C2 on Friday and now commander. Drop is $7? or 10 play for $60. most players are int. and few adv. About 95% feather.

8. wning

wning Regular Member

Lee on Friday night has some good int. and adv. player though the adv. players come as a group.

9. takahira

takahira Regular Member

Something to do with software
    There's drop in at Gibson Centre, 105 Gibson Drive. It's on Wednesdays from 7 - 10 pm and Saturday from 4 - 7 pm, prices are $5 per visit or $15 for a monthly pass. There's more intermediate level players on Wednesdays and Saturday is more diversified.