Clones and Fakes

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by other, May 2, 2004.

1. other

other Regular Member

Student
    Clones are "copies" of a Yonex (normally) racquet made by another company, clearly not a Yonex product, but supposed to be close in appearance (sometimes) and performance to the corresponding Yonex product.

Fakes are racquets not made by yonex (are they made by clonex companies?), are designed to look EXACTLY like the Yonex product, to pass-off as a genuine Yonex product...ie knock-offs.

So, bascially i just wanted to ask on your experiences with both clones and fakes, and how they performed, compared against the corresponding yonex product, or just as another racquet.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Clones from reputable brands are good in quality, and might always give great warranty. For performance, it's more down to the player him/herself. If I can't use a particular model, does not mean everyone else should hate it.

Fakes do not have a standard, since it's illegal at the 1st place. A lot of fakes are really crap, totally waste of $$$. However, there are cases that good quality fakes suit for some ppl's need (performance). Well, that's just luck. There's definitely no "after purchase" service for fakes, as they are not from Yonex.

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Yeah, great statement from Lazzy :)
    Also, in addition to that, fakes will never give you warranty.....because it's fake....and of course ....

4. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Good quality fakes are awesome. Almost look like a real mp-100 but even balance balance point. I wanted to buy one but he bought it in asia and it would have been harder to get it.

5. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    ive seen a few really good fakes lately, the best being those of the MP99 and AT700.

Sometimes the only thing that gives it away are the serial numbers. Some bad fakes are very easy to tell just by comparing the length.

Ive yet to see a fake BEHAVE like the original though.

6. ojk87

ojk87 Regular Member

My own 2 cents on clones and fakes.

I personally can't afford to buy yonex high end rackets, so i normally use the so called "clonex". Even the groups of friends i normally play with uses such rackets, thus i know some things bout them.

Not all clones are good, some is ****. However if u are careful in your selection, u would realised many clones are just as good. (maybe not as good , but to me it almost the same ! ) I personally tried out Sintec Armorpower, Winex Armanetic and Apacs Armopower and apac powerconcept ( which is copy Mp series ) before. Those all feel good, especially the apacs one. You can see that it is not any cheapo and lousy rackets that u would think clones would be.

Maybe it is because i only uses the high end rackets from these clones, that's why the quality is there.

P.S I never talk bout fakes because i hate fakes, this is because, they made their rackets to be exactly same as yonex ones, this is a kind of trickery, out to trick the consumer money. Clones,however, simply take the technology og the yonex high end rackets, and implement into their own rackets.

7. other

other Regular Member

Student
    hehe...i have used the winex armanetic before and i like that. so basically stay away from obvious fakes, unless you can demo them and see what they truly play like.

clones, just assume that they are a completely different racquet to the original?

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    That's why I say, the reputable manufactures... :)

9. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    a lot of people here use Chao Pai rackets.

Chao Pai unabashedly copies Yonex paint jobs, all the high end rackets are represented. Ti10, MP99, MP100, AT500, AT700.

A lot of people use these rackets however because they feel they are actually good rackets in their own right.

Aside from Yonex, I use RSLs. RSLs are great value for money, play great and look nice WITHOUT having to copy from Yonex or anyone else so kudos to them!

10. ojk87

ojk87 Regular Member

Apacs Clones

I actually apacs clones over sintec and winex.
    Apacs seems to put more quality in their rackets. The Winex armanetic was nice to play with though.

Maybe the poorer people out there can try out these clones, instead of scrapping every piece of money from your wallet only to get a middle-end Yonex racket.

Well, this is juz my opinion.

11. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    i have both an original and fake of the yonex AT500. and i enjoy using the fake more than orig. the fake one i have comes from the same factory in taiwan that manufactures chao pai, ashaway, fleet, etc.

12. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    ...and it's cheaper too. got it for only php1.8k or about US$30.

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I have tried the Chao Pai racquets. I just don't like them. I think they are rubbish, although some of my friends swear by them. I have tried the clones and the fakes for umpteen years, and all I can say is that is why they are still clones and fakes.

14. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    badminton is just getting to be popular here that's why there are lots of brands to choose from. some would prefer the pricey yonex models, some would prefer the more affordable clones/fakes. i hope prices of yonex products here would be the same as the ones in HK and thailand. which i find reasonable.

15. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    badminton is just getting to be popular here that's why there are lots of brands to choose from. some would prefer the pricey yonex models, some would prefer the more affordable clones/fakes. i hope prices of yonex products here would be the same as the ones in HK and thailand. which for me is reasonable.