Cool tournament will take place near Frankfurt/Germany, on July 11th&12th

Discussion in 'Europe' started by FeedingShuttles, May 8, 2015.

1. FeedingShuttles

FeedingShuttles Regular Member

student
    Hello everybody,

if you happen to be around Frankfurt/Main at that time and you've brought your badminton shoes & racket, why not take part in my club's tournament on July 11th/12th? It's a comfy 45 min train ride from Frankfurt main station.

The event will be played on 21 courts, starting off with XD on Sat.,11th, followed by MS and WS.
    Sun., 12th, will be doubles all day long. We expect about 200 entries.

According to your level of play, you can register in one of three divisions:

C: hobby and advanced beginner (just-for-fun and lowest league player in Germany)
    B: intermediate (2nd and 3rd German league from below)
    A: advanced intermediate (4th and 5th league from below)

You might have no idea about German leagues but if you want to register online at
    www.tgcamberg1848.de/angebot/ballsport/badminton/lampionturnier
    there will be a video of the B final of 2012, which may give you an idea, and there are a few more videos of this event on youtube as well (look up "lampionturnier").

There will be a baddy equipment sales stand and stringing service. Food & drink can be bought in our cafeteria and we'll have a BBQ at lunchtime.

Participation fee is €6.00 per player and event. Please bring your own feather shuttlecocks or buy them at the venue.

There'll be nifty prizes for places 1-3 in each event.

If you understand German well enough, you can register on the above website (please do so only if you can be sure you will show up).
    If you don't, drop me a PM.

I'll gladly answer any questions. Would be great to have you drop by!

2. FeedingShuttles

student
    Dear all,

This year's edition of our tournament will be played on July 9th and 10th, and online registration via the above website will be possible until July 6th. There are 62 entrants already and we expect 200+ again.

Last year was lots of fun and we got praise for short waiting periods and playing to 21 in all games (around here, in many tournaments' group stages, playing to 15 has become widespread to save time. Will not happen here!).

Would be great to have players from the forum join us this year.

In case you will be around the Rhein - Main - Area in Germany five weeks later and have to miss out on our pretty cool tournament, you still have the Chance to see the Under 19 friendly Germany against Belgium which we will be hosting on August 25th at the same venue. Games will start at 7pm, venue opens 5:30pm.

3. lotusloops

lotusloops Regular Member

I will arrived in Berlin @ 9 July!
    from Indonesia... hmmm... i wonder if I could join or not.. :D

4. FeedingShuttles

student
    Hi Lotusloops,

you have a PM.

Be aware that there are two cities named Frankfurt in Germany, as maybe I should have pointed out more clearly.
    While Frankfurt (Oder) is near Berlin, Frankfurt on the Main, where my club is, is a 5 hour drive from it.
    Getting here in time on your arrival day would be quite a stretch I think...

5. jrmanian

jrmanian New Member

Apologies for replying here... It is realy old i couldn't see any new post..
    I am visiting germany, i will be staying near frankfurt a.m. - i was thinking to bring my badminton racquets if i find places/people to played with..
    If u could give me details it will be much appreciated.
    Thank u and hope to hear from u soon.

Regards

6. lotusloops

lotusloops Regular Member

he has whats app number on his web. try it on :)
    just an info