Has anyone tried RSL string?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by stantan, May 2, 2004.

1. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    The proshop in my local club was selling RSL 650 string for a very reasonable price.

I believe its called 650 because the gauge of the string is .65, which is thinner than even BG66 or BG85.

Has anyone tried it? Any feedback?

2. sessyargc

sessyargc Regular Member

software engineer
    I have yet to play my other racket with the RSL Ti-650(@19lbs) strings, incedentaly its an RSL 4900. Its titanium coated gauge 22 string (.65mm). The titanium coating could be somewhat problematic with control (but don't quote me on that). I'll post here the results of my practice session tommorow.

I do have played with the M-68@23lbs on an RSL 3220. These strings are repulsive enough for me and still gives a good "whapak" sound when I hit the sweet spot properly. Control is OK.

3. badcjosh

badcjosh Regular Member

Database Adm.
    RSL String TI .650 & .680. Is .650 Durable Enough>

Hey Kabayans! It seems Prang mga Pinoy lang ang gumagamit ng RSL ha? I just had RSL .650 for 2 rackets last night both on MP100 at 23lbs..My boys will be playing those this afternoon, and soon as i got feedback, will post it here..

A month ago, I bought RSL Millenium Power Ti 3180 at 26 lbs, .680 string..I've playing with for a month now and i think with the combination, i am achieving more control and a additional power..

However, i'm quite worried for the .650 string with the MP100 at 23 lbs..bec. one of my boys is a hard hitter...Do you think i made the right choice? I believe .650 is quite durable than any other RSL string..What dya think?