Greetings from nev

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by nevhirion, May 2, 2004.

1. nevhirion

nevhirion Regular Member

Trainee
    Hi everyone. My real name is Jian Hou from PJ, Malaysia, lives around the TM Megah court. I started playing badminton when I was 9 years old but only caught the baddie-fever when I was 19.
    I came across this site quite by accident as I was looking for racquet reviews and I must say I love the environment, friendly, warm, unlike those other forums where I kept getting flamed. :(
    I m looking to play regularly once, even twice a week and I guess you can put me at the beginner-intermediate level.So if anyone is looking for someone to play, please feel free to contact me :) email: bozzspeed81@yahoo.com.
    Well, that's about it, thanks for reading this, till later.

PS:My favourite player is Zhao Jianhua from China, bcos my mom said his Chinese name is similar to mine.(but badminton-wise.......)

2. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    hehe, a lot of people seem to like Zhao Jianhua, and yes your names do sound very similar. Are you originally from China too, or have you always lived in Malaysia? Anyways, welcome to the forums! :D

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    A warm welcome to you, Jian Hou. Hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Unfortunately, Zhao Jianhua has returned to China after having spent many years in S'pore until beginning of this year. :p

4. nevhirion

nevhirion Regular Member

Trainee
    Hey, Bobo and Loh, thanks for you warm welcome :)
    No, I m not from China, I m a Made-in-Malaysia product.
    Heh, naturally a lot of ppl like Jianhua, his leaping smashes were spectacular during his heydays. I had the opportunity to watch him in action 6 or 7 years ago, he was playing doubles in a tournament in Malaysia.
    Never got a chance to get up close though.