What did I just play with?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Robbbin, May 10, 2015.

1. Robbbin

Robbbin New Member

Hello guys,

New member from Sweden here so sorry for bad grammar in advance :)

Im playing a few times a week and have been doing that for some years. Most people i play with are abit better than me which means im pressured quite alot (only playing singles).

My main problem atm is clears and drives, im playing a Carlton air-lite cyclone which I bought without testing first and I get absolutely zero power out of it. It feels like im swinging a feather :(

last week a tried a friends old racket ( Yonex 80 light) and the difference was extreme. My clears landed far back where i want them and the power was there, finally i could get some pressure going and i won some games that I havent even been close of winning before. Does any1 know the specs of this one? It feels stiffer, heavier and abit more head-heavy than my Carlton. I also tried a Wilson blx falcon but that was way to flexy.

Im just spitting out questions now so i'll keep on going :)

As you might have figured out im trying to find a new racket and i have been looking at Yonex Voltric 5/7 and Arcsaber 7. The voltric because its abit head heavy and would help me with power and the arcsaber 7 because the stores selling rackets here in sweden market it as a powerbooster for us not having perfect teqnique :)

.....but then i see this picture on this eminent forum and now im just confused

2aak9w5.jpg

Do you guys have any suggestions on a good racket or some input of the ones i listed above?

Thanks in advance!

Robin

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    For singles, I go for something a bit head heavy. I like doing clears as a good clear can really pull the opponent away from the base. Also with slightly head heavier, the smashes have a bit more weight behind them.

I don't do many drives in singles so it's not really a disadvantage to have head heavy racquet.

3. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    I used to have a voltric 7 and I loved it. When I got it my situation sounded similar to yours, I was struggling for power in the rear court and the voltric 7 really helped me with this. It is light enough to play doubles with and still head heavy enough to produce some powerful shots.

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    second Voltric 7. A very good racket for a good price. Can't go wrong with. Excellent for singels and doubles. Light enough for fast drives and head heavy enough for decent smashs from the back.

5. Robbbin

Robbbin New Member

Thanks guys!

I tried to order a Voltric 7 today but they are out of stock :/
    Got a hold of an ArcSaber 7 for testing instead. Will come back with some info as soon as I have tried it.

Robin

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i completely agree with this and just to add a tiny point is that playing singles gives you a a bit more time to react so having a slighter heavier racket might not be a big problem....thus the heavier racket :)

7. Kmwong93

Kmwong93 Regular Member

Hone your technique and go for voltric 7. No question.