Voltric Z force 2 grommets issue

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by YAP YEE JYE, May 16, 2015.

1. YAP YEE JYE

YAP YEE JYE Regular Member

Quantity Suveyor
    Recently I had sent my VZF2 rackets for 2nd time stringing, when I collected my racket noticed that my original VZF2 grommets has been removed and replaced with the normal grommets and the person who strung my racket told me that the VZF2 grommets can not be use for 2nd time string if do so it might harmful to the racket.

SO, GUYS ANYONE OF YOU WHO USING VZF2 GOT SUCH ISSUE HAPPENED LIKE ME ???
    AND WHAT IS YOUR OPINION IF VZF2 REPLACE WITH THE NORMAL GROMMETS AND DOES IT AFFECT THE RACKET PERFORMANCE ????

2. kevinsung

kevinsung Regular Member

Student
    What's your previous string and tension? My friend has no issue using BG66UM @26lbs, but I was told the thinner the string and the heavier the tension, the more your grommets will wear off. So if you used BG80 @24-26 lbs, your grommets should be fine unless the previous stringer was under-experienced.

3. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Unless the string digs in and really is touching the frame, then no.

Also, are your continuous grommets at 2 and 10 o clock still there? Or gone?

4. YAP YEE JYE

Quantity Suveyor
    my continuous grommets at 2, 10, 4, 7 o clock are gone !!! and replaced with the normal grommets.

what i thinking here is the continuous grommets must have it own serving purpose on VFZ2 if removed it is no longer original VFZ2 spec.

So far i have not try out VZF2 without the continuous grommets yet ..

5. YAP YEE JYE

Quantity Suveyor
    kevin sung, I was used BG66 with tension 25lbs, I dint check the continuous grommets condition when the string was broke ! initially I though it is still can continue to use but unfortunately the stringing guy remove it without my consent.

The problems here is the a set of VFZ2 grommets is difficult to find and most of the badminton store dont the spare VFZ2 GROMMETS.

6. YAP YEE JYE

Quantity Suveyor
    The problems here is the a set of VFZ2 grommets is difficult to find and most of the badminton store dont have the spare VFZ2 GROMMETS.**

7. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Yup you are right, its almost impossible to find even though there is a official part number for it.
    What I can tell you is this: continuous grommets don't even need to be changed unless it broke into half. My view being that the string doesn't even touch the frame, so why change it? At your tension it's less than likely to even give way even though it's thinner string you're using.

So it's time to go ask for a refund and replacement of the grommet and strings.

I can't imagine the shop needing a pair of grommets for anything since every VTZF2 comes with it's own...

And the part number is AC416VTA. Hope you get it resolved soon.

8. YAP YEE JYE

Quantity Suveyor
    Esppy; Thanks a lot for your opinion.

The Moment I noticed this issue i plan not to give this guy to string my racket anymore. Therefore,
    I was ask for the return of my continuous grommets but he said already threw away cant get back !!! even though I can take back it is already broke when he taken/pull out from the racket.

when I heard this immediately felt sad ...haizz but finally I still pay him and walk away from the store.

9. esppy

esppy Regular Member

A refund of whatever will be good especially since he didn't ask for your permission to do so anyway.

10. YAP YEE JYE

Quantity Suveyor
    I had found the VZF2 grommets sell online, may be can buy from there.