Wearing badminton shoes outdoor

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by pcll99, May 19, 2015.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I was told never to wear badminton shoes outdoor.

I bought a pair of Yonex SHB65FT and another pair of Mizuno Wave Twister 2 at about the same time (about 2 years ago, i think).

I wear the Yonex for badminton only (indoor of course on wooden floor).

I wear the Mizuno outdoor only, and never (or rarely) play badminton with it.

Surprisingly, after 2 years, the grip of the Mizuno is better than the Yonex.

I don't understand. How come? thanks.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Not a fair comparison. You need to do the expedient with the same shoes.

3. reggieee

reggieee New Member

Agreed with what kwun said, on top of that, you play badminton with the Yonex and rarely play badminton with the mizuno( i presume you use the mizuno as a walking shoe), so of course the one that you play with will be exposed to more lateral forces and whatever not that happens on the court, naturally wearing it out faster.

But it's pretty amazing that your badminton shoes can last 2 years, i burned through 2 pairs in less than 8 monts :crying: (could be due to me buying cheap badminton shos such as the SC6 Pro ) but now i've just started using a pair of SHB75EX, let's see how long this pair will last.

4. jctai

jctai Regular Member

I watched a video couple of days ago, it's an interview with former china women singles player, Wang Xin. She was asked to give some tips with training and equipment. She mentioned that the reason they don't wear their badminton shoes outdoor is preventing tiny stones trapped under the sole. Stones trapped under the soles will cause the shoes to slip more resulting in injury.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Not to mention those trapped stones will damage the mat floors. In our area, the badminton specific gyms with mat floors specifically make sure you don't wear outside shoes onto the mat. And similarly they don't want you to wear your badminton shoes outside.

6. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    Well.. i found, that way.. the soles and everything will just last longer.. (including futsal shoes). It will also help your badminton gym tidier. You will bring dirt from outside to inside, eventhough you did not really meant to do it.