User Tag List

Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    You have to consider that, what if I tell you the price and the location of the shop, what if you can NOT get that price?? what would you feel about it?
    (That's one of the reasons that I never reveal any prices or shops)

Sometimes shops are just running the promotion prices. You can not guarantee the price that the one will get 100%. So why not just keep it down, and if you really want to know the details, you can always PM the person in privately talks.
    Shop details to me are more important than the price. Prices depend on bargaining power. Thanks for the offer, but I have enough rackets to last a life time, assuming they are not biodegradable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you check your receipt and let us know which shop ?

I bought the CAB 20 SP for my friend $90 (Ranking Sports with stock Yonex prestrung string) 1.5 months ago in Ranking Sports. And no more stock as far as I know.

Seems like you have good luck to depend on the man in the street than this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked
    As far as I can tell, I was the only one posting here early last month of my purchasing the Cab20 Power at S$99 . Unless proven wrong, that was the only quotation here.

I can also tell you that I am not after 200 pieces of each of these rackets, so giving dealer prices are just as stupid as well.

But I can tell you I paid S$4.60 for 30 packets of BG85 strings, SP version, if that means anything. That I cannot remember where I bought because I was too busy bargaining and I don't remember the shop as I was rushing for time. I must add I am a good shopper, I quote the Cab 20 Power higher than the price I paid, otherwise people might think its is faked.
    Last edited by armortec800; 05-09-2004 at 02:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked
    Shop details to me are more important than the price. Prices depend on bargaining power. Thanks for the offer, but I have enough rackets to last a life time, assuming they are not biodegradable.
    What do you mean by shop details? Do you mean shop directory?
    By the way, it is not easy to bargain, some shops will not sell lower. Example the Gala sports sells MP100 for $190 no matter how I bargain. In the end I have to buy 2 sets from 10+10, promised me a load **** but never fulfilled. Therefore I preferred Ranking Sports Basah Complex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you need the address and telephone and the place type in the shop name, then there is a location map and you key in the postal code, you will see the locality map.

http://www.yellowpages.com.sg/iyp/yp/jsp/BizSearch.jsp

Enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by armortec800
    I bought the CAB 20 SP for my friend $90 (Ranking Sports with stock Yonex prestrung string) 1.5 months ago in Ranking Sports. And no more stock as far as I know.

Seems like you have good luck to depend on the man in the street than this forum.
    I turned on my charm at those aunties, and their heart melts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by armortec800
    if you need the address and telephone and the place type in the shop name, then there is a location map and you key in the postal code, you will see the locality map.

http://www.yellowpages.com.sg/iyp/yp/jsp/BizSearch.jsp

Enough?
    Too little too late. It is now irrelevant !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My own opinion.

I believe we ask for the location because at least we know that particular shop will push it price down to the price.
    And in singapore there is not much badminton shop you can bargain. I think only peni, queensway and bras basah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ojk87
    I believe we ask for the location because at least we know that particular shop will push it price down to the price.

And in singapore there is not much badminton shop you can bargain. I think only peni, queensway and bras basah.
    Peni, as in Pennisula?, I did a search prior and nothing show up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default use this site to search instead

http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg/index.jsp
    for the place.. think yellow pages quite useless for this.

there are lotsa of smaller shops that sell as well not just the places like bras basah or queensway

theres a shop in sembawang shopping centre for eg. thats deals with a variety of stocks n is bargainable

there is also tall lanky guy who looks like a former national player who has a shop at the ang mo kio central wet market who does stringing, as well as a shop in the heartlands near the bedok stadium.
    theses shop are open by people who love the game i think.

somehow i prefer these shops as there r less people, u can chat with the owner, he will tell which stuff are good n if u get a good rapport u can bargain better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Source of rackets

Hi guys

Thanks so much for the contributions, have been looking around and realize that the prices in Singapore are not very competitive, which is why i started the thread.

I am just guessing that if shops of a same shopping mall could have under a secret agreement as "not to push prices down too much", which will affect their profits earning.

I have been getting rackets and sports apparels from a shop in Batu Pahat, Johore state. The boss is a friend of my relative. Had some talks with him and seems that he was supplying rackets to Queensway shops.

Have told him to fax me a price list (popular rackets like MP100, MP99, Ti 10, Gosen MPP 5300, other Gosen rackets, Apacs Armorpower and powerconcept series, Fleet and Carlton rackets.

Will upload the price once i have gotten the fax him. I will still be buying from him when i make trips to BP.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the Queensway shops in Singapore buy their racquets from a small town in Malaysia (Batu Pahat), then there must be more similar traffic in other goods, commodities and even services from Johore Bahru.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know where u are coming from, but the prices is somehow different when I make a comparison.. thou is onli a RM5-10 different...SIN $2.50 - $5...and plus that he is kinda competitive player, he offers me some valuable advices...

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    If the Queensway shops in Singapore buy their racquets from a small town in Malaysia (Batu Pahat), then there must be more similar traffic in other goods, commodities and even services from Johore Bahru.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone checked out the prices at this shop over at Telepark (Tampines Central)? How are the prices there compared to Bras Basah?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name of the shop is Sintec, so of course pushing hard for Sintec products, I find the prices for Yonex products a little bit on the high side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone can tell me the price of a CAB 30 MS in singapore? And where you got the prices from? Thanks in adv.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mp99

What's the cheapest price you guys can get for MP99? I guess the market rate is $220. Anyone bought it at a cheaper price in singapore?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys,
    ill be going to singapore in a few weeks time, so i was wondering if any1 here can tell me the following questions

- since this thread was posted around 1/2 year ago, how much at700 and at800 cost now?? from what i've read in this thread, it stated that at700 (TH version) cost $230, but how much does the SP version cost.

- am i right to assume that ranking sport in bras basah sells cheaper than the shop in queensway?

- and lastly how much does stringing cost in queensway? (is it cheaper if we provide the string or do they string it for free if i buy the string from them?)

thx in advance

Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 ... LastLast