User Tag List

Page 49 of 161 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 99 149 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... sorry i made a mistake. I thought sp and special are same. Thanks for the quick response.

ps - just when i was about to take a snap as you did, my battery exhausted. will post the pic later. But I guess you already cleared the confusion. Its 'Special' and not 'Sp'

Thanks again

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Smile Look Abroad

Well, to me, the sweetest deals are to be found outside Singapore .

In 2004 (in Balestier, Singapore), I bought a very light Ashaway racquet for S$198 and also a Yonex Armortec 300 for S$320 (this was a package - a bag, a set of strings, a grip and a barrel of AS3 shuttles). After its extreme lightness began to make me hit premature shots, I gave away the Ashaway to a friend. You can still hear that racquet twang at 509 Jurong West (Singapore) where he plays.

In 2005 (in Siem Reap, Cambodia), I bought a Chinese-made Impact for S$40. In all, this was a bargain... I got it with a decent Pacific grip and pre-strung with 0.66mm string. It might not be the most popular make you know, but the Impact is a sweet racquet. It feels like a Yonex Ti-10 and is quite a handy weapon for fast, offensive play. As it's so cheap, this is the racquet that I toss into my luggage when I travel. Even if it were to be damaged, I wouldn't mourn. I can always get another (right here in Singapore) and not feel any pinch.

In September 2006 (at Spottiswoode Park in Singapore), a 'frantically-run-all-over-the-place' doubles partner put paid to my Armortec 300 by solidly whacking it instead of the shuttle . I have never partnered that criminal again .

The worst moment was when the other players in the group revealed that mine was the seventh racquet this panic-stricken idiot had broken in similar fashion. I wish I'd known that beforehand. (Evil-minded as I am, I'm not going to reveal who this flail-and-flail player is . Maybe one day, he will end up destroying your racquet too . Ha, I'd like that!)

In 2005 (in Hong Kong), I bought a Yonex MP 100 from a well-known player who represents China. He asked for S$300. I offered him S$100. Gosh! He was so taken aback that he gave me his bag and a lovely Ultimo racquet case too. (Moral of the sale: Always offer a quarter of what an international player asks for. Of course, he had got it free from Yonex .)

It was a lovely racquet. Yeah, was! The MP 100 snapped in August 2006 when the stringer pulled 25 lbs on it (instead of its recommended high of 22 lbs). Well, one of the hazards in buying a racquet from a sponsored player is that you can't take it back to Yonex for repairs or replacement .)

In October 2006 (in Mumbai, India), I bought a Yonex Nanospeed 7000 for S$210. It came with a deal - a set of 0.65mm strings, five Yonex over-grips, a Nanospeed racquet case, two (flimsy) Yonex wristbands and free stringing. I currently play with it (strung at 21 lbs).

In the same month (in Doha, Qatar), I also bought a Yonex Carbonex 21 for S$68 (again with string, a case, a matching over-grip, a wristband and stringing thrown in). As a standby racquet, it's idle in my bag .

In all, I find Singapore to be inordinately expensive for both branded racquets and shuttles. The saving grace is the abundance of goooooooood players .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand
    Well, to me, the sweetest deals are to be found outside Singapore .

In all, I find Singapore to be inordinately expensive for both branded racquets and shuttles. The saving grace is the abundance of goooooooood players .

You can't compare..... you've got to look at the standard of living in other countries like Thailand, Cambodia etc. SP rackets are generally not too expensive in S'pore provided you know where to get them.

Compare the prices with countries like Japan and US, singapore is considered cheap! Thailand?? Dirt cheap!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much should a Yonex Cab 06 cost?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex AT700: $210 (comes with a Yonex BG66 string and a Yonex two-compartment bag)
    Yonex NS9000X: $260 (comes with a Yonex BG66 string and a Yonex Nanospeed cover)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm i just bought AT700 at classic sports for $196 with 2 compartment bag, any string except the nano string and grip. However i think it is the last 1 that he has for the old version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by derekcai
    Hmm i just bought AT700 at classic sports for $196 with 2 compartment bag, any string except the nano string and grip. However i think it is the last 1 that he has for the old version.
    any idea how much is the color of AT700 @ classic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newjazz
    any idea how much is the color of AT700 @ classic?
    just give him a call for the price. 625388581 Mr Soh he is working only half day today until 1++ i think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! I've asked this question before and I'll ask it again - hopefully in a clearer manner for you all. Dad just dug out this badminton racket from the store room. Its a Yonex Carbonex 6, strings still tight and firm, comes with the original carrier-bag. None of your flashy expensive rackets I'm afraid! We'd like to sell it in ebay. How much should I sell it for, in Sing dollars? Thank you very much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please reply! I'm quite confused right now over this! :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just give him a call for the price. 625388581 Mr Soh he is working only half day today until 1++ i think.
    hi, what is the model number for the two compartment yonex bag?
    Thanks a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrikin
    Hi! I've asked this question before and I'll ask it again - hopefully in a clearer manner for you all. Dad just dug out this badminton racket from the store room. Its a Yonex Carbonex 6, strings still tight and firm, comes with the original carrier-bag. None of your flashy expensive rackets I'm afraid! We'd like to sell it in ebay. How much should I sell it for, in Sing dollars? Thank you very much.
    I suggest your dad keeps it. Firstly, it's for his fond memories of the many hours spent on the courts. Secondly, it aint't worth much should you decide to sell it, if there is any response at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought the Cab 21 SP for S$90, with big bag included. Prestrung with BG65.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _MyST_Spring
    hi, what is the model number for the two compartment yonex bag?
    Thanks a lot.
    uhh P271-2S....so troublesome need 15 characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madman
    I suggest your dad keeps it. Firstly, it's for his fond memories of the many hours spent on the courts. Secondly, it aint't worth much should you decide to sell it, if there is any response at all.
    Thank you for the wise suggestion! Yes, I have been asking around in some other places and someone said that he bought it for only 90 Indian rupees. Besides, I couldn't bear to sell it away now - it looks so precious! Thank you 'madman', once again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhh P271-2S....so troublesome need 15 characters.
    hehe, thanks for your input

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys,

I know this has been asked countless of times b4 already but I still want to get your inputs on this.

AS 40 is going to increase price soon to around $29 and it's kinda ridiculous to spend that amt of money to purchase them.

1. ProTech PT-10
    2. RSL Tourney No 1
    3. Victor Blue (recommended by Mr Soh, dunno good or not)

Any other brands to recommend?
    what abt AS-5? or others??