User Tag List

Page 51 of 161 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 101 151 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not too sure..maybe i got mixed up with NS6k.
    But it should be around $200..maybe a little more.
    try calling them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have confirmation from Mr Lim at Artric. He's selling the new Yonex NanoSpeed 7700 at S$235 thereabouts.

10&10 at Bras Basah quoted me a price of S$250. In any case, it's not S$180.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default When You're Playing Like That...!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand
    In September 2006 (at Spottiswoode Park in Singapore), a 'frantically-run-all-over-the-place' doubles partner put paid to my Armortec 300 by solidly whacking it instead of the shuttle . I have never partnered that criminal again .
    Guess what... I went back on my vow!
    Just a few hours ago, I partnered that (grrrrrrrr) criminal again... and guess what he did!!!

In October 2006 (in Mumbai, India), I bought a Yonex Nanospeed 7000 for S$210. It came with a deal - a set of 0.65mm strings, five Yonex over-grips, a Nanospeed racquet case, two (flimsy) Yonex wristbands and free stringing. I currently play with it (strung at 21 lbs).
    Oh my poor Nanospeed 7000
    That #**#$&### criminal whacked it to kingdom come.

The worst moment was when the other players in the group revealed that mine was the seventh racquet this panic-stricken idiot had broken in similar fashion. I wish I'd known that beforehand. (Evil-minded as I am, I'm not going to reveal who this flail-and-flail player is . Maybe one day, he will end up destroying your racquet too . Ha, I'd like that!)
    He has just had his eighth kill.
    And I spoke too soon... the victim is again me!

The silver lining is that the older players got together and decided that he had to pay this time. The 'breaking of others' racquets' was getting to be an ugly, regular habit.

He will pay me S$200.
    But it won't be enough to get a NS 7700.
    Maybe I'll get a reinforced steel racquet just for the games at Spottiswoode Park

By the way, how much does a gun cost?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess what... I went back on my vow!
    Just a few hours ago, I partnered that (grrrrrrrr) criminal again... and guess what he did!!!

Oh my poor Nanospeed 7000
    That #**#$&### criminal whacked it to kingdom come.

He has just had his eighth kill.
    And I spoke too soon... the victim is again me!

The silver lining is that the older players got together and decided that he had to pay this time. The 'breaking of others' racquets' was getting to be an ugly, regular habit.

He will pay me S$200.
    But it won't be enough to get a NS 7700.
    Maybe I'll get a reinforced steel racquet just for the games at Spottiswoode Park

By the way, how much does a gun cost?
    Hi Oldhand..wat weapon is this "racket serial killer" using to kill all the other rackets ??? Just for curiosity sake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi, anyone knows how much sunrise @ fareast plaza(singapore) is selling at700 currently?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex Sunrise - S$400++
    You can give Yonex Sunrise @ Far East a call. Tel: 67332434.

You can get it for only S$200 plus minus @ Classic Sports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobber
    try calling them.
    When I call Artric to ask for price they quote me something higher, i say i read the price on the internet, they deny it and ask me who say the price like that.... can I quote your name if he asks?

So far I find price quotations posted in these forums from Classic to be very consistent - i call them, they give me the posted price, whereas for Artric it seems random and variable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by storkbill
    When I call Artric to ask for price they quote me something higher, i say i read the price on the internet, they deny it and ask me who say the price like that.... can I quote your name if he asks?

So far I find price quotations posted in these forums from Classic to be very consistent - i call them, they give me the posted price, whereas for Artric it seems random and variable.

Did you read the post that followed?? Come on, don't tell me you believe you can get the NS 7700 @ $200 just bcos someone posted the supposed price here and you quoted the name??

Don't forget that they might be regulars while you are not.

Quote Originally Posted by tkteo
    I have confirmation from Mr Lim at Artric. He's selling the new Yonex NanoSpeed 7700 at S$235 thereabouts.

10&10 at Bras Basah quoted me a price of S$250. In any case, it's not S$180.
    Last edited by modious; 01-08-2007 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have the NS7700 in mind, you're simply not going to get a price quotation of S$180 to S$200. That was an honest mistake by Lobber.

See my recent reply to clarify.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobber
    try calling them.
    suggest u refrain from posting prices if you are not sure.

can imagine Mr. Lim's reaction when he reads this thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex Sunrise - S$400++

woo. oh i see... thanks!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have the NS7700 in mind, you're simply not going to get a price quotation of S$180 to S$200. That was an honest mistake by Lobber.

See my recent reply to clarify.
    i saw that $180 was an honest mistake, but i thought $200 was possible since NS8000 is $220... isn't ns8000 more expensive than ns7700?

Based on the Japan website, NS8000 costs more than NS7700:
    http://www.yonex.co.jp/badminton/pro...et/ns7700.html
    http://www.yonex.co.jp/badminton/pro...et/ns8000.html

I don't blame him the poster of the prices as it's likely to be an honest mistake, but previously I enquired about Ti-10 from Artric based on prices posted on Badmintoncentral which again turned out to be incorrect. Whereas when I enquired from Classic about prices quoted here, the price was correct...

I don't know whether some people who post prices here think it's some sort of competiton where who posts the lowest price wins... if you buy something, there's always someone saying... wah so expensive, i can get it cheaper at XXX place....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by modious
    Did you read the post that followed?? Come on, don't tell me you believe you can get the NS 7700 @ $200 just bcos someone posted the supposed price here and you quoted the name??

Don't forget that they might be regulars while you are not.
    I have done that for digital camera. In a local camera forum, someone posted that the a particular shop has a special promo price for members of the forum, just quote the name of the forum/poster.

If people are simply sharing prices they can get as regulars, than it seems like 'showing off' that you can get low prices others cannot get rather than a genuine attempt to help the community.

This is not an attack against the poster as everyone has explained that it's a honest mistake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex Sunrise - S$400++

hi there, sorry for asking again. i called sunrise and they said at 700 is 400+ i asked about other racquets and all of them has discounts.. at800 at 249, mp99 at 199 etc.. only at700 and mp88 doesn't have discount.. they're selling at their original price at 400+

do you know why?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Lethal Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker
    Hi Oldhand..wat weapon is this "racket serial killer" using to kill all the other rackets ??? Just for curiosity sake.
    He's using a Carbonex 20.
    I suspect he has somehow inserted titanium steel in its frame.
    (The guy works in construction.)

I have a nasty feeling he's being paid by the sales-mafia to destroy racquets. (I must find out where else he plays.)

Also, he wields it like a machete, not like a paddle.
    Court Criminal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know whether some people who post prices here think it's some sort of competiton where who posts the lowest price wins... if you buy something, there's always someone saying... wah so expensive, i can get it cheaper at XXX place....
    If people are simply sharing prices they can get as regulars, than it seems like 'showing off' that you can get low prices others cannot get rather than a genuine attempt to help the community.
    Speaking only for myself, I am not posting my replies as some form of competition or for egoistical self-glorification. I don't know if people want to consider me a "regular" because I really have only been back in Spore for six months after being away for eight years. All I try to do is to be friendly to the shopowners and respect that they are trying their best to run their own small businesses.

Here's a chronology of why I wanted more clarification on the NS7700's price:

1) I visited 10&10 at Bras Basah just before the end of 2006. I asked them "what's new?" and they mentioned the NS7700. I took a look at the racket and saw the modification Yonex did to the cone of the handle, thought it was interesting, so asked them how much. Lady boss told me S$250.

2) I read the post by Lobber which listed the price at Artric as S$180. I thought it's probably a mistake, honest mistake.

3) I don't think either Artric or 10&10 benefit from prices that are erroneously quoted too high or too low. I mean, someone can say to Mr Lim "how come you quote me so much higher than S$180?" or someone can say to Ms Teo "why you sell so much more expensive than elsewhere?"

4) So I asked for clarification. I call up Mr Lim and Ms Teo.

If there is indeed a competition going on, please let me know. I happily withdraw from a competition I never knew I was part of. Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is indeed a competition going on, please let me know. I happily withdraw from a competition I never knew I was part of. Cheers.
    Like i said i'm not making any personal attack against anyone.

But perhaps persons asking for prices in the future should also ask, as a service to others, whether the shop will honour the prices if others should ask for the same price, or whether this is just a super special price for special customers.

Like I said, I have no problem with Classic or 10n10. Prices quoted by people mentioned in Badminton Central are consistent with what the shopkeeper/owner quotes for Classic and 10n10. I have no idea why there is a problem with Artric where the shopowner quotes me different price from what others mention.