User Tag List

Page 54 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 104 154 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau
    make me not want to go there with that experienced told.
    But considering that u wun wan to venture too far out of town area..guess Bras Basah complex the only place to go to when u wana buy rackets. And all of us had our fair share of bad or good experiences at every shops over there...seen quite a few posts here and there. If not..outside of town area, Artric Pacific ( Sembawang shopping centre) and Classic Sports (Toa Payoh Safra) will be the amongst the 2 most popular places to go if distance is no problem and definitely the cheapest pricing around.
    Last edited by Slacker; 01-20-2007 at 11:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for eg, when he says $220, do i go "$210 can la" ?
    U gotta noe e market price of e racket u wanna get.
    From dere, u check with the shop how much they selling.
    If its higher den the market price, ask him if can give u discount anot.
    If he cant give u a discount, and the price is way off the market price, walk out of the shop and find another one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pards
    Forgot to post - got an MP100 at Classic Sports for S$170 - with bag, string (I chose BG80) and Grip. They also have an MP88 for S$150. Not sure if this is the lowest price.

Anyway as a comparison - the MP88 was S$180 at both 10n10 and Ranking. I think can negotiate at 10n10 since the boss hinted that if I really want it he can give a good price.

As for Ranking - I just want to add my experience. When I went there and saw the S$225 tag at the AT500 racket (as I posted earlier) - I asked this "auntie" how much it is - I thought it was like the Queensway shops wherein the shoes have a tag price but when you ask they will quote a lower price. This "auntie" - in an impatient tone bordering on rude said - "Price tag on the racket - cannot see ah." Suffice to say - I lost the will to "negotiate" or to basically buy anything form their shop. This AT500 was even pre-strung unlike those in Classic sports and 10n10 wherein they string it for you (your choice of string, your tension).
    Anyway - enough rant .. I won't be returning to Ranking sports forever and will never recommend them to my friends.
    $150 for a MP100 is cheap man... Wen u got it?

Btw, I went twice to Ranking. The auntie was rather patient leh, she entertained me and my fren. Den she sae can give discount somemore.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seanboi

Btw, I went twice to Ranking. The auntie was rather patient leh, she entertained me and my fren. Den she sae can give discount somemore.
    maybe she'll look at person? i know some people who treat some people better than others based on how they look!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you read properly, its $170 for mp100 not $150.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker
    But considering that u wun wan to venture too far out of town area..guess Bras Basah complex the only place to go to when u wana buy rackets. And all of us had our fair share of bad or good experiences at every shops over there...seen quite a few posts here and there. If not..outside of town area, Artric Pacific ( Sembawang shopping centre) and Classic Sports (Toa Payoh Safra) will be the amongst the 2 most popular places to go if distance is no problem and definitely the cheapest pricing around.
    what about in Queensway? is it far from Plaza Parkroyal area?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was quoted $196 for a AT700 from Classic. Do u tink can bargain down to $190?
    I understand from Soh of Classic Sports that he will not be entertaining any more phone enquiries on racket prices. Apparently some unfriendly competitors complained to Sunrise that Classic was selling AT700s for $170 which is absolutely ridiculous!

By the way you would not be able to get at700 for $196 from classic sports either... Be prepared to pay more than $200...

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sealman
    I understand from Soh of Classic Sports that he will not be entertaining any more phone enquiries on racket prices. Apparently some unfriendly competitors complained to Sunrise that Classic was selling AT700s for $170 which is absolutely ridiculous!

By the way you would not be able to get at700 for $196 from classic sports either... Be prepared to pay more than $200...

cheers
    Really a bad news...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers

That's ridiculous!! Who the hell complained to Yonex Sunrise!!!! How to buy rackets now man.....

I think from now on, better not disclose anymore prices in here!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roller
    if you read properly, its $170 for mp100 not $150.
    i tink i type sala la... aniwae still cheap wad. My fren bought his MP99 for $199

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers
    If AT700 selling at $170 i sure grab man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by modious
    That's ridiculous!! Who the hell complained to Yonex Sunrise!!!! How to buy rackets now man.....

I think from now on, better not disclose anymore prices in here!!
    Yup, I think racquet prices, equipments are better left un-disclosed.
    its really tiring, imagine having to answer 9/10 calls that are asking for prices.
    you'll be surprised to know how many small boys are lurking the forums.

i hope all the pedo gets them.

Ah, i think we'd better form a closed group so we can share info among ourselves only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember someone mentioned before about purchasing in bulk for under $180. If someone gets a special deal, I believe they should keep to themselves. Only the best prices that should be available to the masses should be revealed. Luckily I bought my AT700 before this saga begins. And it's not below $180 but not above $200.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so to get one of the Yonex NS series racket, which shop in Bras Basah do you recommend?
    Ranking
    10n10
    Zenith

pros and cons, cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so to get one of the Yonex NS series racket, which shop in Bras Basah do you recommend?
    Ranking
    10n10
    Zenith

pros and cons, cheers.
    Pros and cons? The racket you get is the same, from the same source, Yonex-Sunrise (unless you specifically want TH version), and you can verify the approx date of manufacture from the shaft code. Only thing left is your bargaining power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tehtarik62
    I remember someone mentioned before about purchasing in bulk for under $180. If someone gets a special deal, I believe they should keep to themselves. Only the best prices that should be available to the masses should be revealed. Luckily I bought my AT700 before this saga begins. And it's not below $180 but not above $200.
    Yup. I oso got mine already. But i tinking of getting one more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ranking
    10n10
    Zenith

pros and cons, cheers.
    If u wan the lowest price, u gotta go all 3 shops and compare urself.

10n10 - 1st storey
    Ranking and Zenith - 3rd Storey