User Tag List

Page 53 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 103 153 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by modious
    Getting from shopping malls in town area is ridiculous.

Please don't be lazy and read through the thread again to know the huge price differences. The nearest / cheapest place in town area will be Bras Basah Complex (Ranking, Zeneith, 10&10, Music Book Room).

Prices are way cheaper than World of Sports, SportsLink etc.

Other places include:
    Queensway Shopping Centre (Many shops: Gala Sports, Chau Beng, New Link etc)
    Classic Sports @ Toa Payoh SAFRA
    Artic Sports @ Sembawang Shopping Centre
    Thanks modious I agree with you. I am only answering to llpjlau's question and let him figure out the difference himself.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by modious
    Getting from shopping malls in town area is ridiculous.

Please don't be lazy and read through the thread again to know the huge price differences. The nearest / cheapest place in town area will be Bras Basah Complex (Ranking, Zeneith, 10&10, Music Book Room).

Prices are way cheaper than World of Sports, SportsLink etc.

Other places include:
    Queensway Shopping Centre (Many shops: Gala Sports, Chau Beng, New Link etc)
    Classic Sports @ Toa Payoh SAFRA
    Artic Sports @ Sembawang Shopping Centre
    im not a singaporean citizen and i don't go to singapore much. it wouldnt be convenient to travel out of town area to get a racket after you take into account the taxi fares, time and energy you use. thus, i would need your help to tell me the best place to buy.
    btw, my location is parkroyal plaza, beside the furniture mall (the concourse) or near the Raffles hospital (at least thats what i can see from here)
    where is Queensway shopping centre? or is there somewhere nearer etc. thanks y'all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau
    im not a singaporean citizen and i don't go to singapore much. it wouldnt be convenient to travel out of town area to get a racket after you take into account the taxi fares, time and energy you use. thus, i would need your help to tell me the best place to buy.
    btw, my location is parkroyal plaza, beside the furniture mall (the concourse) or near the Raffles hospital (at least thats what i can see from here)
    where is Queensway shopping centre? or is there somewhere nearer etc. thanks y'all.
    Hi llpjlau, there is definitely a much much nearer place for u to go to...and its directly in the middle of the city area!!! .. its at Bras Basah Complex. I wun suggest to u about taking bus from yr hotel.. as there is no direct bus from outside your hotel.. need to walk a distance away. Hence, i will suggest to u to take a cab.. shld not exceed S$4-S$5 during off-peak hours. There are 3 shops over there... both Zenith Sports and Ranking Sports are at the 3rd floor.. and 10&10 is at the ground floor. I will suggest u go to Ranking on the 3rd floor. May i know wat NS series are u looking for??? 7000? 8000? 9000??? At least will make it easier for us to quote u prices at the shops if we knew.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your location is close to Bras Basah Complex which is next to the new National Library/walking distance from Bugis Junction/opposite Raffles Hotel. If you are in Orchard area, Queensway Shopping Centre is a short 15mins taxi ride away or take bus no. 123. Enjoy your stay in Singapore. Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are pretty near to Bras Basah Complex.

The linear distance is about 1km.

Here is the direction from streetdirectory:
    http://www.streetdirectory.com/routi...payoption=free

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, thats pretty close. i've seen the national library several times in singapore, and the Bras Basah Complex is just beside? thats pretty close.
    so if the cab driver doesnt know where it is, do i just tell the driver Bain Road?

btw, i'm probably looking for NS 6000 or 7000 or 7700, nothing more than a 8000.
    if the price is cheap i would get one of them.
    btw, what other brands are there in Bras Basah Complex? any suggestions?
    also, what's in the Complex? anything else other than those 3 stores?

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker
    I will suggest u go to Ranking on the 3rd floor.
    why is that? is Ranking more reputable? or more competitive at prices ?
    Last edited by llpjlau; 01-18-2007 at 04:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tell him national library as most of them should know where.
    It just a short walk(<5min).

10n10 on the first floor tend to persuade you to purchase proace,apacs rather than yonex.
    Zenith have a smaller collection of racket for sale and
    search around,many had complaint about the lady boss and the boss himself is somehow inpatient.
    the rest of the whole complex is all books and musical stuff.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobber
    many had complaint about the lady boss and the boss himself is somehow inpatient.
    boss of which store? i dont like impatient store owners.

so would ranking be the best then?
    which one is best in price?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tell them raffles hotel. the complex is just in front.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by utopia_imminent
    tell them raffles hotel. the complex is just in front.
    where can i catch a cab from Bras Basah complex?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will suggest u go to Ranking on the 3rd floor. May i know wat NS series are u looking for??? 7000? 8000? 9000??? At least will make it easier for us to quote u prices at the shops if we knew.
    im thinking one of the NS series racket.
    do you know the prices from Ranking ?

thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im thinking one of the NS series racket.
    do you know the prices from Ranking ?

thanks.
    Hi llpjlau, i am not really sure about Ranking prices as i seldom frequent the shop. But in general barring those prices from big sports retail stores.... prices are thereabout for NS5000- S$180, NS7000-S$200, NS7700-S$240, NS8000-S$220-S$230 and NS9000-S$248-S$260.... so any prices around there for your racket will be an ideal buy, thou u shld always try to bargain when u are buying at Bras Basah Complex and Queensway S.C. Here is Ranking number : 63367887.. u can call them for any enquiries.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thou u shld always try to bargain when u are buying at Bras Basah Complex and Queensway S.C.
    whats the bargaining culture in singapore? any tips? like how to start bargaining etc cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats the bargaining culture in singapore? any tips? like how to start bargaining etc cheers.
    Just ask if they can reduce the price or wads e best price.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seanboi
    Just ask if they can reduce the price or wads e best price.
    for eg, when he says $220, do i go "$210 can la" ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot to post - got an MP100 at Classic Sports for S$170 - with bag, string (I chose BG80) and Grip. They also have an MP88 for S$150. Not sure if this is the lowest price.

Anyway as a comparison - the MP88 was S$180 at both 10n10 and Ranking. I think can negotiate at 10n10 since the boss hinted that if I really want it he can give a good price.

As for Ranking - I just want to add my experience. When I went there and saw the S$225 tag at the AT500 racket (as I posted earlier) - I asked this "auntie" how much it is - I thought it was like the Queensway shops wherein the shoes have a tag price but when you ask they will quote a lower price. This "auntie" - in an impatient tone bordering on rude said - "Price tag on the racket - cannot see ah." Suffice to say - I lost the will to "negotiate" or to basically buy anything form their shop. This AT500 was even pre-strung unlike those in Classic sports and 10n10 wherein they string it for you (your choice of string, your tension).
    Anyway - enough rant .. I won't be returning to Ranking sports forever and will never recommend them to my friends.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pards
    Forgot to post - got an MP100 at Classic Sports for S$170 - with bag, string (I chose BG80) and Grip. They also have an MP88 for S$150. Not sure if this is the lowest price.

Anyway as a comparison - the MP88 was S$180 at both 10n10 and Ranking. I think can negotiate at 10n10 since the boss hinted that if I really want it he can give a good price.

As for Ranking - I just want to add my experience. When I went there and saw the S$225 tag at the AT500 racket (as I posted earlier) - I asked this "auntie" how much it is - I thought it was like the Queensway shops wherein the shoes have a tag price but when you ask they will quote a lower price. This "auntie" - in an impatient tone bordering on rude said - "Price tag on the racket - cannot see ah." Suffice to say - I lost the will to "negotiate" or to basically buy anything form their shop. This AT500 was even pre-strung unlike those in Classic sports and 10n10 wherein they string it for you (your choice of string, your tension).
    Anyway - enough rant .. I won't be returning to Ranking sports forever and will never recommend them to my friends.
    make me not want to go there with that experienced told.