Yonex Nanoray Z Speed recommendation by Yonex to string at 27lbs but I want 29lbs.

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by HaruHaruQ, May 24, 2015.

1. HaruHaruQ

HaruHaruQ Regular Member

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Nanoray Z speed but before I do, I saw on Centralsports.com that Yonex recommends 27lbs but I'd like it at 29lbs. Can this racket handle 29lbs string tension?

Cheers

2. HaruHaruQ

HaruHaruQ Regular Member

Sorry, I meant Centralsports.co.uk

3. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

The Z-Speed can take 29lbs easily. Don't worry! ;)

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    We can't answer this question clearly. We don't know your stringers skill and his machine. I can tell you that a good stringer with an average 6 point machine can go safely in the low 30's. I strung a cheap Yonex racket a half douzen times with 32lbs. I did regular several 4U ZF over a douzen times with 33lbs without any issues. That is just my experience. I regular pass the stated tensions and I never broke one. I would say yes, that I can do it on my machine if the racket is in good condition. I would say no when it's just a basement stringer with a cheap machine and not much experience. There are too much variables than just the tension. Even at 22lbs a frame can crack if the stringer overtighten the supports or clamp too tight to the frame etc.
    I can't give you any guarantee but with a good stringer this racket should go easily to 32lbs and a bit above. :)

5. HaruHaruQ

HaruHaruQ Regular Member

Okay thanks guys, I'll be getting it restrung by someone from centralsports.co.uk.