User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using permanent marker or spray paint may have some adverse affects on string. Consider how the properties of spray paint work for example. They bond to the fibers of the string and COULD weaken the integrity of the string. Waterproof spray paints will likely have some kind of oil base in the paint, so it definitely won't improve the string.

I'm just talking hypothetical here, but they have stencil ink for a specific reason, and I'm sure it's not just because they can make a buck. From my experience with permanent marker for example, it definitely did not help the string's longevity on BG-65.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the winex paint sticks all the strings together.....i'm sure that will mess up the string rebound characteristics?

won't it be the same with spray paint?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This topic is slightly similar to this one: http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=948
    Altho that one goes more into the affect on performance, not on string life.

The overwhelming majority of spray paints use VAE (Vinyl Acetate-Ethylene) or VA-BA (Vinyl Acetate-Butyl Acrylate) copolymers because they exhibt the desired balance of properties needed in paint. They both have have superior coalescence and excellent binding properties.
    For this reason, many of them are known as "crusting agents". They will pretty much 'fuse' the fibres in your string together and fill any porous surface. This would be detrimental in the life of any string. Elasticity would be greatly affected; you'd have a more brittle string in any case.

The stencil paints I would assume do not use VAE or VA-BA, or they just use small amounts.

Anyway, to answer you question: I've definitely seen BG70Pro in black.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff View Post
    BG66 and BG65TI and BG70Pro all have in black color.

I used to like black strings a lot....now I don't like them at all because once you hit some shuttles, they are going to leave a noticeable white mark on the strings, and that's not looking good at all. After few games, my black strings have lots of white marks on them, and evnetually, now, it looks more like a white-grey color. So, why not just get white??
    Do Black BG 65TI also go white while playing??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2