First badminton racket recommendation please :)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by eldanor, Jun 1, 2015.

1. eldanor

eldanor New Member

student
    Ya'll have that one friend who never brings his own racket but keeps borrowing from you?

Bingo! I'm that kinda scumbag and through self-reflection I've begun to realize I'm starting to bother my friends :D

Anyhow, I don't know how to classify my own skill level... I've been told that my shots are powerful (smashes, back court clearing) but I lack delicate control so I'm looking for a racket to sort of complement my style of playing

I mostly play doubles with emphasis on the back court. I don't think my wallet allows multiple purchases of rackets. lol.

I've read a lot badminton equipment guides but I don't really get what I need, do I get something which enhances my strength or a racket that gives me more control since strength doesn't need that much emphasis.

The equipment that I can find here in Australia is pretty limited though, it'll be great if you guys could tell me what specifications or attributes to look for in a racket.

P/s : I used a racket with with lower string tension and another with a higher tension, the one with the higher string tension felt amazing.... well that was the only notable difference I got from cycling through my friend's rackets anyways

cheers! :D

2. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

I think it would be very helpfull if you remember the rackets you played with and can tell us how they felt to you : Better, worse, fast, slow, easy to handle and so on.

That would make it easier to find out your preferences and therefore to give you suggestions for a racket.

Regards,

Joachim.

3. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    HaHa I have not known any friend of mine that borrowed my racket each time we played. First I would not let them, lol, second, anyone that plays badminton atleast a few times and likes the sport would purchase atleast one racket. Come on, you can pick up cheap second hand ones on Ebay and car boot sales for very little money.

Anyhow sorry for the digression, as Smashit said, you need to let us know which rackets you played with and what tensions (as your mate if you don't know the tension of the racket). That will allow us to help you further. All the best.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    If you shoot at mimes, should you use a silencer?

4. eldanor

eldanor New Member

student
    do you guys know of any rackets which are similar to voltric 7? I had my friends check their rackets and they told me its vt 7, i don't think thats available near my area, any thoughts?

5. seagame2001

seagame2001 Regular Member

CNC
    You are the one who play and pay for the racket so you need to go and try out before you buy. Every one has different on their racket ideas and play.