Need advise in choosing racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by .Kid., Jun 1, 2015.

1. .Kid.

.Kid. New Member

Student
    Hi,

i am looking for a new racket to replace my RKEP 9000 4U/G5
    Currently i am using Yonex Voltric Z-Force 4U/G5 and A1 Ti 10 4U/G5
    Semi-Aggressive Intermediate double player
    Power: 4
    Smash: 4
    Defense: 3
    Netting: 3
    Speed: 4
    Sometimes, i playing single

between the rackets in this list which one is most suitable for me? (or if u have other choices, i gladly to know what is ur suggestion)
    - Yonex Voltric 80 ETN
    - Yonex Voltric ZF2/LCW/LD
    - Victor Thruster K9000
    - Victor Jetspeed 10

thanks in advance :eek::eek::eek:

2. No_footwork

No_footwork Regular Member

Accountant
    Hi there,

My recommendation may be outside your selection, but I recently played with the 4U version of Victor SW35 and the racket is a delight.

Stating the obvious, the 4U is much faster than the 3U version I also have. Before the 4U, the 3U is one of my primary rackets. I switch to my faster frames (BS10 or RKEP XP60) against tough opponents who plays a fast driving and hard smashing game. But if my defense holds up, the 3U SW35 is typically my first choice due to its feel, balance, power and adequate defense.

Judging from your description we play a similar style, although I am more aggressive when the situation allows me to be. My 4U is strung with VS-850 black at 28lbs (I normally like to go a little higher, but wanted to be safe with a 4U frame).

- Full and stick smashes are crisp and accurate and have plenty of punch.

- Drives are easy and have plenty of pop. Not as fast as the BS, but I think the weight and the speed of the drives this frame delivers may offset that a bit. In other words, once I get the control of the drive the speed and power is too much for my opponent to handle and he usually have to lift or lose track of the birdie. But if he has control, I am not sure the frame is fast enough to turn the tables on him.

- Full court clears are easy with this set up. I can send the birdie high and deep by just whipping my arm. I know it's not the right technique, but this is just to illustrate how easy it is to clear with this thing.

- I did experience some errant shots this morning, but I think that's just me getting used to the 4U frame.

I have over a dozen different rackets and I do not have one model that is the same...until I played with this racket. After this morning's session, I ordered another one...

It's on sale right now at BadmintonAvenue for $110.

#2 No_footwork, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  3. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    Voltric ZF2 4UG5. Surprisingly, this is a very all around racket. (Compared to it's 3U Siblings). It fits to double play, but you do have to get used to the smaller racket head, Mainly on ball that goes already behind you or defence.

It is light enough to be used everywhere. And since u already used Voltric Z Force, it will be easy to change.

The 80 etn will be interesting though.