Kid summer camp: Su or Lee

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by stone011, Jun 2, 2015.

1. stone011

stone011 New Member

Hi, there.

I'm looking for a place for the badminton summer camp for my Gr9 daughter. She wants to start playing badminton and I think it's better to take some lessons.

Su badminton offers the cheapest price, but I'm wondering the lesson quality. Which one is better for the training or if you know the good place for the badminton training, please let me know...

2. jjashik

jjashik Regular Member

If you are in Markham, you might also consider e-badminton as they have a discount for beginners, and they are currently the top club in terms of junior players on the national level.

I have taken training at Lee's and would recommend it, but this was elite training, and not beginner level, so can't comment directly on what you are looking for. If your daughter has not had any previous serious training (of any sport), then the beginner'l level day camps should be a good start.

3. Caffrey

Caffrey Regular Member

Lawyer
    um... with all due respect, no

E badminton doesn't teach skill, its literally just physical. Not only is it bad for your body, but if you don't have the basics down pat but you won't learn the correct way to play and you will reinforce bad habits.

In terms of clubs... I don't think any are very good. KC is probably the best in terms of teaching skill but in general it isn't that great either.

There is this coach named Alfred Lam that teaches where I play. He seems to really know his stuff. Nevertheless he actually teaches you how to play rather than just makes you run around and hit without showing you how first.

You should look into it. It's tough to find good coaches in Toronto, but if I were to send my kid somewhere it would be with him