Bay Area Junior Open (BAJO) 2004

Discussion in 'USA West' started by dsc, May 7, 2004.

1. dsc

dsc Regular Member

Hi All,
    Is that time of the year again. The Bay Area Junior Open (BAJO) is held once every year during the Memorial Day weekend in South San Francisco. This year it will be held on May 29-30. For information about the tournament, you can check www.baopen.com pr Badminton Association of Northern California (BANC) .

This year, participants from Southern California, Utah, and other states will be participating in tournament in preparation for the Junior National in June. Looking forward to see you all there.

Sincerely,
    DSC

2. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I have a question about it. Is it possible for me to play in the U19 group even though I was born at the end of 1985? I'm only 18 and it says that those born in 1985 must play in the U22 which seems pretty extreme to me. I wont be turning 19 for another 7 months.

3. dsc

dsc Regular Member

Hi Joseph,
    The age division is determined through guide developed by USAB that is also used in the Junior National. Thus, since this tournament is based on the USAB law and guidelines the committeee will not allow you to play in the under 19 age bracket.

DSC