User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yanpok
    Hi everyone ,
    From what Coach Li said to the reporters, The reporters translate to " No Chinese, No interview" They just made it up. What Coach Li really said was " no professional Chinese Translator, No Interview" Coach Li already complained about that to IBF.
    Wasn't able to read Adel's translation. Thank you for your explanation as it clears things up. Don't get too worked up, never get too serious on whatever you read in the newspapers. China badminton is always in the spotlight whatever the reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default -

What's more the Chinese newpapers in Malaysia carry pages and pages of comments of Li but there is none in the Star or NST? Only snide remarks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn
    What's more the Chinese newpapers in Malaysia carry pages and pages of comments of Li but there is none in the Star or NST? Only snide remarks.
    If you don't mind, do a summary and post them here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adel
    4) Li Yongbo can say or do as he likes - so long as he takes home the Cup, or both cups in this case, he has done his job as a coach.
    That's the most important part IMO, LYB's done his job as he sees it. He may not be promoting or furthering badminton to the wider world, but I doubt that'd be in his job description.

PS I don't think you sound retarded Adel, defensive maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default -

Quote Originally Posted by viver
    If you don't mind, do a summary and post them here.
    Then I'll be leaking a lot of valuable information to the rivals.it is a coach 's prerogative to keep secrets close to his chest to outwit rivals.I'm sure all companies or countries competing do that., do companies give away reearch and trade secrets free for promotion?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn
    Then I'll be leaking a lot of valuable information to the rivals.it is a coach 's prerogative to keep secrets close to his chest to outwit rivals.I'm sure all companies or countries competing do that., do companies give away reearch and trade secrets free for promotion?
    Sorry, I did not understand your comment - you mentioned that Li's comments were in the Chinese media but none in Star/NST. If they were published in the Chinese media, isn't it already in the public domain? I really did not understand what you meant by secrets!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default li yongbo?

hello

sorry i am late in giving comments, but i just wanna tell about my personal experience with li yongbo.

i am a chinese myself, but i can't speak chinese cos i have been living in indonesia all my life. people say that chinese people are nice to fellow chinese, but not in li yongbo case.

i've seen him, i've talked to him (oh let's correct it -- i've tried to talk to him) and yes..i think he's one super arrogant coach. i am sorry if any of you get offended by me saying this, but that's just how i felt during TC/UC
    maybe it's only my opinion, maybe other journalists think other way but i personally think he's arrogant.

he once held a press conference and all the journalists have flocked into the pressroom. but he said the presscon was only for chinese journalists cos he would be speaking in chinese...?? well ok..some malaysian journalists also spoke chinese but they were not allowed in the room either. it was mad, many journalists were angry (including foreign journalists) and lindsay bell (from IBF) had to talk with li yongbo. finally after that..we were allowed to go inside the press conference room.

that's one of my bad experience with him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default -

I think I have a solution how to cure Li of his illness.

Get him to stay in Jakarta for 2 years, subject him to the fear, discrimation

and intimidation of living in Soth East Asia and make him feel 2nd class.

Dont allow him to speak his own language,or practise his own culture and

heritage, then he'll slowly get to know how to accomodate other people

and bend easily to the will of other aggressive people.

Better still convince him to change the mentality of other Chinese, Japanese

etc when he returns home so that East Asian people will learn to behave

more like South East Asians, be less competitive and be well liked everywhere they go.

Maybe he will even scream slogans like " Malaysia Boleh" or " Maju Indonesia"

when he returns home!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hehehe

hahahaha yeaaaaaaah that will teach him LOL

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5