Badminton Racket Shops in Taipei, Taiwan

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Leong, May 7, 2004.

1. Leong

Leong Regular Member

Hi,

I would be going to Taipei for a holiday soon and would like to check out the racket shops in Taipei or Taipei county.

On previous occasions, I have only been to the shops at Kung Kuan (near Taiwan University) and Shilin. Did try to search for threads on "taipei" and "taiwan" and only managed to find the 2 shops mentioned above. It seems to me that there was quite a number of members who made enquires past 2 years but did not get any answers at all.

Had sent PMs to some very knowledgeable members but have not heard from them.

Would there be any kind souls out there who are willing to share information on racket shops in Taipei or Taipei county?

2. huijun

huijun Regular Member

engineer
    I have two opinions for your reference. The price of YY stuffs in different stroies are almost the same. For the rackets, the biggest price difference is about NT 300~400. The store(dragon?tiger?) near NTU has complete YY stuffs. If you serach for the stuffs from other brands, I can give you some suggestions. For the mmoa, they don't display their stuffs in the sport stories, their main selling channels are local area players and internet. For the victor, I can recommand you a web sitehttp://www.mattshop.com.tw/. The price of victor rackets is good. For the winex and fleet, I don't have much experiences about them in Taipei. Because these two brands rise from South Taiwan which is my home town, I can get them when I am back to Tainan.For the flypower, I don't recommand you the normal models and for the same price, the mmoa's rackets are better. For the high end models, you can find the web site from other post. If you stay in Taiwan for a period of time and you have the problems getting the mmoa's stuffs, I can give you a hand. My club member sell the mmoa's stuffs at very cheap price. He is the big supplier in North Taiwan. My mmoa's rackets are all from him. Hope this will help.

3. Leong

Leong Regular Member

Huijun, thank you for your valuable information.

I used the yonex racket prices on www.mattshop.com.tw as a guide and found that the prices of the Armortec 700 and 500 TW versions are very competitive as compared to prices in Singapore (SP versions). Its almost a difference of S$100 (or NTD1950) :eek:

I managed to take a quick look at the MMOA and Flypower rackets which were on display during the Taipei Open last year. My Taiwanese colleagues also play with MMOA rackets and highly recommended them. Intend to try out my collegues' rackets ;)

Have played with the Fleet mid range rackets (bought from Malaysia) which are value for money. Would certainly like to try out those high end models found on the above website.

I am looking forward to visit the racket shops, night markets and delicious local food (but not the stinking beancurd :p ) in Taipei.

4. konatien

konatien New Member

Student
    The price of Yonex reckets at Taiwan is equal to the price on YONEX officall website with 30%~40% off!

According to the profit, almost the non-Yonex can be found in Taipei city rarely. If you want to buy reckets like FLEET or WINEX, there is a good store at Jhong-He City, Taipei Country. The phone call is 886-2-22471665. Web site is http://jiin-deei.idv.to/

5. Leong

Leong Regular Member

Thanks konatien. I tried to access the website but it was not accessible. Shall give the store a ring then. :)

6. NeoDestiny0

NeoDestiny0 Regular Member

Hi, I am currently in Taipei right now in the Jiantan/Chientan district. Does anyone know of any legitimate Yonex stores around this area that I can walk/met/taxi to for Yonex rackets? Thanks!

7. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Not sure if you can read Chinese. There is a store at Shi Lin.

[TABLE="width: 100%, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 80"]捷利
    台北市士林區中正路426號
    電話:(02) 2836-3168
    http://www.jollysport.com.tw
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: copy"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

8. NeoDestiny0

Thanks, I'll check it out on my free day. Do you know if the prices of the products match those from the website you linked?

9. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    The shops in Taiwan usually give a 30% discount off the retail prices.

10. NeoDestiny0

Hi, sorry to bother you again. But is it possible for you to tell me approximately where I should go to reach the Shilin badminton store if my starting point is at the Jiantan mrt?I am not a Taiwanese local and I'm not sure how to google map the address you gave me.Thanks again!

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

You can ask the locals there. I'm glad i can speak chinese as i actually ask the locals there how to go to the shop by showing them my printed google maps of that area. While waiting for my racket to be strung, i actually went to have my japanese style steamboat located just a few shops from the yonex shop. The waitress serving there is quite pretty though:D Just for your info..Not sure whether she still works there. Btw, i walk to this yonex shop by foot since i have to ask for direction here and there from the locals..

12. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Its quite a long walk from the MRT and would suggest you take a cab which is only a 5mins drive. You could show the Chinese address to the cab driver.

13. evelynhu

evelynhu Regular Member

I know this reply may come too late, but hope it helps on your future visits to Taipei, Taiwan :D
    There's a great place in Taipei City to play badminton and it is quite convenient to get to.
    You can play one off or join badminton social teams to play :)

Here's the Address for the badminton shop and the facility:
    Champion Sports
    7Floor, No. 1 HsinYi Road, Section 1, Taipei City, Taiwan
    Telephone: +886-2-2392-8099
    Email: championstar99@yahoo.com.tw

ZhongZheng Sports Center
    No. 1 HsinYi Road, Section 1, Taipei City, Taiwan

It is about 5minute walking distance from 2 popular MRT stations. The facility is a city owned sport center with 5 badminton courts, and a lot of other indoor sports facilities such as archery, basketball, golf, table tennis, swimming pool, etc. They charge quite reasonably for court usage, it's air conditioned. Oh, another plus, is that there's a badminton shop right on the floor where the courts are at. They sell all badminton related products and accessories. Racket prices are very reasonable as well. They sell Yonex, Victor, Flypower, MMOA, Fleet, etc. It's worth the visit :D Have fun when in Taipei! ​

14. NeoDestiny0

Hi, thank you for your information. I've already returned to the states though. I ended up following one of my fellow travellers to a badminton shop very close to one of the mrt stations. Don't remember which one though.

As for Taiwan sports centers in Taipei, I actually "volunteered" at some of the centers, like the one at Xinyi. Like you say, they do have a wide assortment of sports activities available. Their court usage fees, in my opinion, is quite expensive. Almost $9-10 USD per hour. However, I suppose that this is the standard rate that Taiwanese sport centers charge for badminton, since it is exactly the same at other places.

15. Gael Woon

Gael Woon New Member

Hi any1 know any shops in Ximending??