Looking for Coaching WEs / Summer Camps in Ger/BeNeLux/Fr !?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Smashit!, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

I'm looking for badminton summer camps for advanced beginners/intermediate players, who don't play in any leagues but "just for fun", or at least coaching weekends such as Paul Stewarts in

• Germany,
    • BeNeLux or
    • France (Pas-de-Calais).

I'd like to make the best out of my spare time/vaccation and to play as much badminton and to learn as fast and as much as possible (I even begin to consider (fun) tournaments for everybody, i. e. non-league-players!).

Unfortunately till now I couldn't find any appropriate events : Either they are for juniors (or advanced [league playing] seniors) only or I didn't like some organisational details such as the designated time schedule (trainings on a full stomach).

Pauls coaching weekends sound perfect, and I could immagine even longer stays (holidays), but first, some 800 km (one-way!) is quite a ride for a weekend - sorry, Paul! - and second, it's for "intermediate players" only - and I wouldn'd dare to claim that for me yet!

I'd really appreciate any suggestions!

Regards,

Joachim.

2. phihag

phihag Regular Member

I've been at those camps, and they're great! Don't worry about the schedule, that's all worked out. You have about 1.5-2 hours between dinner and being in the hall, and they start most sessions with theory or low-pulse excercises.

3. FeedingShuttles

FeedingShuttles Regular Member

student
    Hello Joachim,

I'd advise you check out the websites of your badminton state federation (Landesverband) or the ones near you. Here in Hesse we have good WEs for beginners offered at least twice a year, with accredited coaches. Quite inexpensive and great fun! Maybe there are similar things going on in France or BeNeLux, even.

I can also really recommend doing the "C-Trainer" license here in Germany! It doesn't matter if you are only a beginner. When I made mine there were some, too, and it was just fun for everyone. It is almost exclusively on weekends, except for one week at your state's training center (Landesstützpunkt). It is just a great wrap-up of all the basics and you get to play a lot and really profit from that yourself as well as learning how to teach!

Sincerely,
    FS

4. Thompson

Thompson Regular Member

Supervisor Pharmaceutical Industry
    In Belgium there is Badcoach Summercamp. Focusses a bit more on young people (age 12~20) but older people are also welcome. 2 weeks each summer, 15 spots for 2 weeks, 25 spots extra for 1st week and 25 spots extra for 2nd week.

In Holland there is training weekend organised by Flypower importer Denny Matitawaer.

There are probably loads more. In Holland a lot of clubs also do training days or weekends in august/september to prepare for the new season.

5. phihag

phihag Regular Member

[MENTION=46995]Thompson[/MENTION], can you link to permanent websites for these camps? I cannot find any. Are these camps open/accessible to non-Dutch speakers?

6. Thompson

Thompson Regular Member

Supervisor Pharmaceutical Industry
    Badcoach Summercamp website for 2016 hasn´t been launched yet. Once it has I will post it here. They usually also have guest trainers from Denmark so I guess non-Dutch is not a problem.