Yonex Voltric Tour 88

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by samabraham, Jun 11, 2015.

1. samabraham

samabraham New Member

Got a Voltric tour 88, A true voltric. IMG_0130.jpg IMG_0129.jpg IMG_0131.jpg IMG_0128.jpg

2. Vivek@1983

Vivek@1983 Regular Member

How was your experience with this racket. Is it good for fast smashes and what about wrist pain after long playing time.Is it worth buying this racket.
    Waiting for ur feedback......

3. samabraham

samabraham New Member

Hi Vivek,
    Firstly depends on whether ur a beginner to intermediate or intermediate to advanced player.
    Im an advanced player, i currently use a Voltric 70 etune , nanoray 70dx (voltric tour 88 is my backup racquet)

1. if ur a beginner to intermediate player looking to upgrade, this racquet is rather light though it says 3u. It isn as head heavy as my 70 e tune so ur wrist or arm will not hurt even though u play the whole day. Handles really well for doubles cause u can manoeuvre it very well for fast returns. For smashes u would need to have good arm strength and swing speed to generate power. Clears and net play is good provided u put some time into getting used to the racquet.
    Overall decent racquet if ur upgrading from a muscle power or carbonex.

2. if ur an advanced player , this raquet would not work the way u want it to. it doesn feel like an extension of ur hand and smashes r dull. ( I generate a good amount of force and am a hard hitter but this racquet fails in that aspect).
    Overall i wouldn buy this raquet again even if i got it at half price.

Where as the nanoray 70 dx i use is a fabulous raquet for doubles and singles for intermediate to advanced players. Handles really well , great smashes, good clears and very good for flat exchanges. Used this for years till i moved to the 70 e tune sometime back.

Hope this helps.

Cheers