Low end nanorays

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by nilavu, Jun 12, 2015.

1. nilavu

nilavu Regular Member

Regular & Boring
    Guys
    How good are the low end nanorays. I played with Nanoray 60 for some time and liked it very much, except my smashes were somewhat weaker which I can live with.

Can someone post reviews on low end nanoray rackets especially Nanoray 80, Nanoray 100, Nanoray 70dx, Nanoray 90dx. All are 4U rackets I think.

Thanks

Insteadof2 likes this.
  2. nilavu

nilavu Regular Member

Regular & Boring
    bump..no one knows abt low end nanorays?? :confused:

3. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    I will post shortly, I currently have the 90dx, 70dx and have used the 80 and 100 also. I'm just at work so posted here to remind me later on.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.

4. nilavu

nilavu Regular Member

Regular & Boring
    cool ..thanks!

5. InvincibleAjay

Badminton Coach
    Okay back now, here is my quick reviews:

Yonex Nanoray 90 DX - Stiff flex, 4U racket - Can be strung to 30lbs but has a fatter racket head due to this. Felt a very dull racket for me. Clears, drives smashes were okay but I felt it lacked control and finesse that the 70DX had. Perhaps as it was slightly less head light that's why.

Yonex Nanoray 70 DX - Stiff flex, 4U racket - Can be strung to 30lbs but has a fatter racket head due to this. My favourite out of the 4, plays nice right across the board but slightly slower than the higher end rackets since it has the fatter head so slower swing speed say compared to the Nanoray 500 and 750, which I owned (before they broke :( ) The most head light out of 4 also. The 70dx was to replace the 80 but its head shape was slightly different. The 80 was faster but weaker in terms or power.

Yonex Nanoray 100 - Stiff flex, 3U racket - nice aero frame but heavier than the others. This means will generate the most power and it a decent racket. I just don't like it as its slow around the net and especially for doubles, more a singles racket IMO.

Yonex Nanoray 80 - Stiff flex, 4U racket - Aero box frame. Not a bad racket, average in all aspects except in that its a fast swing speed racket.

Your 60 is a medium flex racket so out of the 4, the 90DX or 70DX would best suit you and generate that extra power if that's what you are looking for.

Hope this helps, quick reviews as its 12.39am here and I need to sleep soon, lol.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    By constant self-discipline and self-control you can develop greatness of character.

6. nilavu

nilavu Regular Member

Regular & Boring
    Thanks for the quick reviews.
    Most head light, but better power than 80?
    Isn't Aero box frame + fast swing = better smashes?. Not sure about how the box vs aero works. But read in some other thread about AT900p (box - power) & AT900T (aero - control).

These two statements got me thinking.

I thought i am the only one who goes to morning game without proper sleep ;)

7. InvincibleAjay

Badminton Coach
    The 70DX has an Aero frame that cuts through the air nicely, hence giving more power than the 80 IMO. A racket with Aero-box frame means on the low to middle of the head, the frame is box shape, from then to the top of the head, it changes to Aero frame. The idea is stability in the head yet aerodynamics on the top end for repulsion when doing smashes, etc.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.

8. nilavu

nilavu Regular Member

Regular & Boring
    Thanks for your share.

Anyone else has used low end nanorays??

9. DesmondL

DesmondL New Member

Consultant
    I have been using nanoray 750 and just purchased a nanoray 80 (4u g4) as a standby racket. Fresh off the bat it feels light and similar to what I'm used too. It is currently unstrung and will edit post to include game play review when I have the chance to try.

10. serasalmus

serasalmus Regular Member

Hi Ajay,

Just curious about the grip sizes of 70DX and 90dx.

90DX has an extended CS cap while 70DX has standard. Is the lenght of the wood part the same?
    Reason I asked is i'm particular about the lenght of the wood part and has to be G5.

I know Voltric 50 ETune has the same CS cap as the NR90DX and i know VT50Etune has shorter wood part even if it is G5.

11. Jeremyng90

Jeremyng90 Regular Member

I actually own a Nanoray 10 with nanogy 99 string @24 lbs . I bought this racket for my gf but she lose interest half way using it bcs she prefer my Voltric 2 so i used it as backup racket.

it a very very flexible racket that easy to use for stroke and drive, it lack of power when come to smash. I crash with some other high end racket alot of times and it just suffered some minor paint chip while those highend racket suffered a dent on their frame.

Overall is just a soso racket.