BadmintonAce Negative Review After 2 Years

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by yargd, Jun 13, 2015.

1. yargd

yargd Regular Member

I have been buying Apacs rackets from badmintonace in the past two years. Paul(seller) offers free string and service. The free strings which Paul provide are the lowest quality strings I have ever used. I have bought many rackets from him, and most of the strings break within a couple of weeks. I have to pay to resting them over here for $25 each.

Recently, I bought another two rackets for my young cousins(new beginners) from him. I told him about low quality strings issue, and asked him to use a better string for my rackets. My cousins used the rackets for a few hours and the strings all wear out. Both rackets will break the strings very soon, and I will have to pay another $50 to resting them.

As you can see in these photos, the strings are super low quality after a few hours of playing.

BAUBHwXh.jpg
    lNBc5xWh.jpg
    JE6Gxl6h.jpg
    p1PNavNh.jpg

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    But they are free right? Did you offer to pay for better quality strings?

3. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    the shop is good to offer strings, many shops only provide the racket. Some only string the racket if there is a promotion event

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

To be honest, it would have been better for the OP to pay for slightly better strings from the racquet seller that can last longer considering that stringing costs are so high in his locality.

With a free string, one can't have high expectations. I don't really see a problem here.

5. yargd

yargd Regular Member

This will be the dumbest thing I get from Paul. Paul said the cut marks are candle wax!!!. I have the rackets on my hand and they are clearly cut marks on the strings by the horizontal/vertical strings.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Note that the OP is complaining about a freebie.

If the OP pays an extra $25 per racquet for the strings from the original supplier, it would be interesting to see what service he gets.

7. yargd

yargd Regular Member

There is no such thing is Free. The string + string service are included in the price of the racket I paid for. (Racket cost + string + string service + shipping) must be lower than the (selling price) in order for the seller to make a profit. This is pure common sense. The complaint is the seller is too greedy to use the lowest quality string possible to get a little more profit. This cause the buyer to paid $25 more on each racket. There is no such thing will last forever but at least it shouldn't break after 2 weeks of using by new beginers.

The seller makes ton of profit selling racket to USA because US currency is 3.75 time more than Malaysian dollar. The racket manufacture cost is like $5-$10 each for the models I bought
    http://themoneyconverter.com/USD/MYR.aspx

No respect for dishonesty about the candle wax. There was no candle wax at all on the strings.

#7 yargd, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  8. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I declined his stringing a racket I just ordered from him. He delivered the previous order of AVP and it has been superb. I do not care for his string and I specifically mentioned that in the order.

9. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Tbh it just seems that his badminton gripper just rips the string after being pulled 2 much & I get this result if I pull a lot as well.

10. openu2

openu2 New Member

Badmintonace, the seller is really cheap. I ordered a Lethal 90 about 6 months ago and I really like it. The string broke after 2 hours of playing, and the string was Bg90 Power too. I thought that was my fault for the miss hits.

I really like the Lethal 90 so I decided to order one more Lethal 90 and a training racket. The seller gave me a small discount because I was a returned customer. Yesterday, I received my Lethal 90 just to find out it is paint defective. The original Lethal 90 has a nice red white chrome color.
    [​IMG]
    My new Lethal 90
    [​IMG]
    The Lethal 90 I got was much worse. The color on my new Lethal 90 was very dark red and gray. So basically the seller sold me a paint defective racket for a very small discount. This is so unethical.
    As you can see the color on the shaft of the new Lethal 90 is much darker than the old one on the bottom.
    [​IMG]

11. openu2

openu2 New Member

Feel free to buy from Badmintonace. Don't complain if your strings break within a few days of receiving your new rackets. Have fund if you receive a paint defective racket :).