Kwun, I'm Tipen, who played with you in Bintang last nite...

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by tipen, May 8, 2004.

1. tipen

tipen New Member

Self-employed
    Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself... I'm Tipen and I just played with Kwun and his wife tonite at Bintang Badminton Club ;) . Had a chit-chat with him about this developing badminton-forum and please click more on the google ads so that Kwun can improve this website even more... :D , "but not that many times, I can get into trouble...," said Kwun.

As for my badminton skill, I picked up badminton when I was in Indonesia and had a chance to train properly with a small club in my city before I moved to Singapore. In Singapore, I trained with Wong Shoon Keat who was a national hero when he won the Sea Games Men's Singles for Singapore in 1985. However, my training with him doesn't last long since I live in different part of the island and it took more than an hour to commute to Singapore Badminton Hall. And then I finally moved to San Jose two years ago and resumed my training in Bintang Badminton Club, that time trained by Weasley Hsieh, for like 5 months before I quit due to my inability to cope with my undergraduate study. I had to choose one or another, and I chose academic than badminton.

That's a little bit history of mine. What I can contribute to this forum might be translating some Indonesian newspapers articles and post them here... I'll find time some day... no promise :p

Lastly, I'd like to thank all of you to make this forum a warm place to satisfy my thirst about badminton, I especially enjoy the Professional Player Forum. A big thanks to Kwun who's spent and endured 5 years to maintain this forum and make it possible for us to know more about this game that we all love.

Take care,
    Tipen.

2. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    Welcome tipen! Glad you decided to sign up, but I guess since you met kwun you probably didn't have much of a choice. :D

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    tipen, it was nice playing you guys yesterday! and welcome to BF, you have found the place where crazy badminton ppl hang out and talk about badminton day and night. you will never get enough of it... :)

see you around in the gym!

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Warm welcome from your familiar Singapore, Tipen. I'm sure Shoon Keat will be very pleased to know that you are an undergraduate in San Jose if he knows your name. He is still very active in the S'pore badminton scene as a coach and MC member of the SBA.

I think you can't find better company than the kwun's and do keep us inform of your activities and progress. :p

5. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    I'm just curious where is this Bintang Badminton Club? Bintang sounds a Malay/Indonesia words...Is it in the US? Who own it...

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Do a search and you can find the club under the USA West in the "Places to Play" forum ;)

7. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    Thanks... haha, i should do a research first... So Bintang badminton is located in Sunnyvale
    Bintang badminton academy.... academy!!