will racquet fit in tennis bag?

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by nQuan, May 8, 2004.

1. nQuan

nQuan New Member

Student
    just like the title says. will a badminton racquet fit into a tennis bag? i'm curious because i'm planning on buying a tennis bag to fit all my badminton stuff in. ive searched the forums and it seems that a pretty good amount of people use tennis bags..but i am still unsure if the bag will be TOO big. i was wondering if a 29.5" x 4.5" x 14" bag can fit the racquets. also for people using a tennis bag...does it have enough room to fit other things (ie shoes and clothes)? i hope ive made my questions clear and thanks in advance everyone!

just for the curious people this is the bag i'm planning on buying:
    [​IMG]

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    A badminton racket is about 675mm in length for the long version of the racket.
    well, since you already have the dimensions of the bag, you can do the calculations yourself.

About the shoes and other stuff, that's really up to you on how many things you are going to put in there.

3. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    It should be OK because many companies make tennis versions of their badminton carrier(s) which are usually wider but the same length.

4. nQuan

nQuan New Member

Student
    thanks guys that was very helpful! :)

5. altreality

altreality Regular Member

Been using an Adidas Tennis bag to store my rackets.. and it fits 4 badmintion rackets really well.. no problems... with shoes, change of clothes and toiletries.. water bottle and also - a tube of shuttles....

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The length and height are no problem at all. If u have a lot of rackets (say, 4+ with original bag on), tubes of shuttles, spare clothes and shoes to be carried, u might consider to get a bag with larger # in width (compare to 4.5). ;)

7. kukula

kukula Regular Member

businessman
    I currently use a tennis bag made by Prince for my badminton rackets and I say they work fine for me. It is like a knapsack style and I prefer it than the conventional bags since I feel it is much easier to carry them around. It easily fits 6 rackets. Aside from two tubes and my shoes and my mineral water and cellphone :)