Please Help. Fake or not ?? 1st Gen AT700

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by type R jai, Jun 22, 2015.

1. type R jai

type R jai Regular Member

Hi Guys

I have managed to aquire a 3U G5 1st Gen AT700. Seems to be the real deal to me but im not expert in identifying a fake racket.

Managed to a direct swap of my Yonex 3U Muscle Power MP99 for a 1st Gen Yonex Armotec AT700. its SP coded

Now the person that traded it is a family friend and play much more then i do. The AT700 is used with a few small minor cosmetic chip but im going to say is a easy 9/10 for condition. no structural damage in the way of deep chips or cracks to main frame. It has been rarely used as they cant play with a head heavy racket. They complained of arm ache and achy wrists.

The AT700 is in better condition then my MP99 which i would say was a 8/10. But they were happy with a straight swap.

I let them borrow my MP99 and they loved it ( i hate it as im more suited to head heavy ) so a deal was struck

I have compared it to my 2nd gen and it appears real. I had no idea this was a 1st gen until i got home and did some research. Have i accidently stumbled upon the holy grail of AT700 swapping one legendary racket for another.

I know mt AT700 is the real deal as i got it from centralsports in the UK

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

please help. Oh those reading can you please say why the 1st gen is more highly regarded then the 2nd Gen

#1 type R jai, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    On a side note, today I walked into Rose in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.

They had an AT700 1st generation new for HKD 7999. That's like 700GBP

3. type R jai

That's crazy price. wish I had time to go there when I was in hk.

I know its long discontinued but that sort of money is crazy. even for a collector.

no one think this racket is a fake then ?

4. cronobolt

cronobolt New Member

Student
    Looks good to me, can't see anything that stands out as fake, but I am not an expert at fake rackets so hopefully you can get confirmation of your serial code.

As for your question about why the original is more sought out for, I think people just think the dark red color looks nicer than the bright red version.

5. type R jai

Good stuff. people on here are normally quick to point out fake rackets so hopefully it's a good sign no one has.

I read somewhere the gen 1 was slightly different but can't find the post :(