User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 43
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default PBSI logo in Yonex SP racquets

    If you own a Yonex SP racquet, take a look at the PBSI logo on the cone? It stands for "Persatuan Bulutangkis Seluruh Indonesia". What does it mean?

  2. #2
    Regular Member wilfredlgf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A literal translation would mean, "Whole Indonesia Shuttlecock Association", but of course the correct one would be "Badminton Association of Indonesia".

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    If you own a Yonex SP racquet, take a look at the PBSI logo on the cone? It stands for "Persatuan Bulutangkis Seluruh Indonesia". What does it mean?
    As far as I know, all the Yonex badminton rackets that are sold in Indonesia have PBSI logo. They started doing this in late 1990s (not certain).

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Concord, CA
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveStanley
    As far as I know, all the Yonex badminton rackets that are sold in Indonesia have PBSI logo. They started doing this in late 1990s (not certain).
    But I saw a Yonex AT700 SP with the PBSI logo and with a serial number on the cone with the suffix HK (meaning Hong Kong). As Hong Kong is obviously not Indonesia, I wonder why do they stick a PBSI tag on racquets specifically made for the Hong Kong market?

  6. #6
    Regular Member wilfredlgf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    But I saw a Yonex AT700 SP with the PBSI logo and with a serial number on the cone with the suffix HK (meaning Hong Kong). As Hong Kong is obviously not Indonesia, I wonder why do they stick a PBSI tag on racquets specifically made for the Hong Kong market?
    I asked the same question about an MP-100 I saw in a shop here and the shopkeeper aren't too sure about it either. It had SP and PBSI logo, but HK designation on the cone as well. I do find it kinda weird as well. The only thing he told me is that he only gets his from Sunrise (SEA's official Yonex distributor) and nowhere else.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's strange. I don't think PBSI would benefit anything from showing their logo on those rackets, but why the logo is there?

    We could probably take advantage of this, because then we know that the rackets are authentic ... (not sure)

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does it mean a Yonex racquet bearing the PBSI seal of approval is better than another Yonex racquet without it? What about the JP, CN and CP racquets, which presumedly do not have this logo? If so, would such high-priced racquets be considered as not good enough by the powerful Badminton Association of Indonesia?
    If what you say is true, that the PBSI logo is the seal of approval for use at the highest level, then I will take this anytime over a CP, CN or JP, even at a slight premium.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveStanley
    That's strange. I don't think PBSI would benefit anything from showing their logo on those rackets, but why the logo is there?

    We could probably take advantage of this, because then we know that the rackets are authentic ... (not sure)
    The fakes can copy anything. The Badminton Association of Indonesia just doesn't have the resources to sue every copycat.

  10. #10
    Regular Member wilfredlgf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you ask me, I'd say it doesn't carry much of a meaning except that it is endorsed by PBSI. Yonex must've paid them to use the endorsement, thus you see it there. Same with the Badminton Assoc. of Malaysia - you can see their logo on Gosen racquets.

    Perhaps Yonexes with CN or JP don't need any CBA or JPA logos because they're already highly sought after, needing no endorsement? If this is true, then it's an opposite of what taneepak had spoken - lower end, needing endorsement from a BA.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wilfredlgf
    If you ask me, I'd say it doesn't carry much of a meaning except that it is endorsed by PBSI. Yonex must've paid them to use the endorsement, thus you see it there. Same with the Badminton Assoc. of Malaysia - you can see their logo on Gosen racquets.

    Perhaps Yonexes with CN or JP don't need any CBA or JPA logos because they're already highly sought after, needing no endorsement? If this is true, then it's an opposite of what taneepak had spoken - lower end, needing endorsement from a BA.
    If Yonex pays the PBSI for its endorsement, then Yonex should extend it to all their racquets and not only on SP racquets.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, but SP racquets are what players are sometimes worried about because they might have some bad fruit in the lot, since they don't go under standardized tests. So if yo'uve got the PBSI there, it might provide some comfort to people.

    As to why it's on HK racquets. Maybe it's because HK also has a lot of SP racquets. I don't know where the connection comes in...just made me think of that.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lalanthier
    Yeah, but SP racquets are what players are sometimes worried about because they might have some bad fruit in the lot, since they don't go under standardized tests. So if yo'uve got the PBSI there, it might provide some comfort to people.

    As to why it's on HK racquets. Maybe it's because HK also has a lot of SP racquets. I don't know where the connection comes in...just made me think of that.
    If you have a Yonex China racquet, you will also see on the cone an approved Yonex logo with some alphabets that may indicate the Chinese Badminton Association. The CH Yonex racquets have this logo and the Yonex booklet says that the real Yonex racquets with CH must have this logo.
    Maybe, owners of Yonex racquets for other countries like Canada, USA, Japan, Australia, Denmark, UK, etc., may want to check if they have any logo at all.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Talk about PBSI logo, I didn't like it at the first place when I saw them on my Cab21SP.

    So, I tried to scratch them off.....(or peel them off)

    Then....I realized the place has a little gap/line without the logo.....So, I glued the logo back on.....

    But anyway, I still don't like the logo, and I think I am just going to use the overgrip to cover it.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Concord, CA
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Does it mean a Yonex racquet bearing the PBSI seal of approval is better than another Yonex racquet without it? What about the JP, CN and CP racquets, which presumedly do not have this logo? If so, would such high-priced racquets be considered as not good enough by the powerful Badminton Association of Indonesia?
    If what you say is true, that the PBSI logo is the seal of approval for use at the highest level, then I will take this anytime over a CP, CN or JP, even at a slight premium.
    Maybe its just a marketing scheme. Creating another manufacturing process for a product that is only for sale in a specific country is expensive. I guess the PBSI model is no different from the CP, CN or JP versions. They'll likely be different in the level of QC that they go thru.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Then what about the logo in Yonex CH racquets? To our friends in North America, Europe, Australia, NZ, Japan, and other places, do you have a logo on your Yonex racquet?
    I have a gut feeling all approved/authorised Yonex racquets have a logo of the relevant country's badminton association, mainly to counter the fakes. But then the fakes will also copy the logo. I have seen a fake Yonex racquet, MP77, showing SP and CH (which doesn't make sense) and a fake China Yonex logo (poor copy).

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In NZ, no logo of Badminton Association of Indonesia. Cone shows NZ. Hope it helps.

    Cheers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yonex ArcSaber Z-Slash with "PBSI" Logo
    By aesix in forum Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos are required)
    Replies: 5
    : 03-12-2010, 08:40 PM
  2. What's up with the PBSI logo?
    By ghs235 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 13
    : 09-13-2008, 12:43 PM
  3. PBSI logo
    By xVinhX in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 7
    : 09-12-2008, 03:10 PM
  4. PBSI logo or sticker on the YONEX racquet cone!
    By ahmeh in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 19
    : 06-22-2008, 07:25 AM
  5. PBSI logo
    By Spy in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 10
    : 10-01-2003, 12:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •