User Tag List

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bambini
    the shb98 is not suitable for people with wide feet. i regret buying that model and never using it. since i ordered it from a friend, the only time i tried it on was when he delivered it. on my 1st try i told myself i wouldn't be comfortable wearing it. because it being too narrow. i'm now putting it up for sale at a cheaper price than what i paid for it.
    I agree that SHB98 is narrower than 89MX (orange). It gave me such a uncomfortable feeling during the 1 session, as my feet got really sore afterward.

However, after re-arrange the lace, and made it loose a little bit at various locations, it felt much better. Of course, the "break in" effect also kicked in, which result into better condition.

My suggestion regardin to SHB98 is, take it easy at first and give it longer "break in" period than usual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    I agree that SHB98 is narrower than 89MX (orange). It gave me such a uncomfortable feeling during the 1 session, as my feet got really sore afterward.

However, after re-arrange the lace, and made it loose a little bit at various locations, it felt much better. Of course, the "break in" effect also kicked in, which result into better condition.

My suggestion regardin to SHB98 is, take it easy at first and give it longer "break in" period than usual.

Could not agree more. loosen a bit at the lower portion of the lace, and give it time, the shoe will expand as u wear it frequently. i have the same situation with addidas court shoe. it is narrow at first now it feel perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ASICS, ASICS, ASICS!

I have tried other brands and the ankle support isn't as good as Asics.

JRMTL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YY SHB98MX best shoes in the world...sorry... Arch supported so well... I love it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I myself prefer SHb98 than 89. Feel more comfortable and the cushioning is much better than the SHb89. At the moment i'm alternating my wearing between the both. I've stopped using the Gosen shoe since it does not give me much support and cushioning after using the shb98.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JRMTL, which model Asics shoe do you use? Is it a badminton model or court model?

Also, anyone have an ideal where to buy the Mizuno Wave Smash in the USA?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use the Wilson Torque:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex SHB 89MX
    ...feels natural, light, durable, sturdy, and simply looks and feels AWESOME!
    Last edited by Super~ME!; 07-14-2005 at 02:56 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes to ASICS and Mizuno. Previously wore Mizuno Lightning which was very light but has superior shock dispersion features comparing to YY's light cushioned ride. Now wearing ASICS GEL VTR and getting the hang of it despite it being alittle heavier than Mizuno Lightning. I might switch back to the Lightning next time with a half size bigger version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps a little offtopic:
    Guys, could you provide your foot-size(mm/cm)/shoe-size(UK/US/EU) info, please. I mean both asics wearers and mizuno wearers, as sizing differs among producers. Just as with yonex, I don't have the luxury of trying them on before buying. I haven't made my choice yet, but, whatever shoe I choose in the end, I will have to order "blindly".
    Thanks in advance!

P.S. Yeah, i know it is much better to try them on before buying . The most i can do is try on similar ones. Though i might be able to get my hands on/feet in the asics.
    Last edited by White_trash; 07-14-2005 at 03:06 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Mizuno and ASICS shoes, I find wearing half size larger than my normal shoe size to fit better. My Mizuno Lightning in my normal shoe size actually pinches at the toes area. My Gel VTR actually fits well when I ordered a 10.5 (my shoe size is 10 US)

Quote Originally Posted by White_trash
    Perhaps a little offtopic:
    Guys, could you provide your foot-size(mm/cm)/shoe-size(UK/US/EU) info, please. I mean both asics wearers and mizuno wearers, as sizing differs among producers. Just as with yonex, I don't have the luxury of trying them on before buying. I haven't made my choice yet, but, whatever shoe I choose in the end, I will have to order "blindly".
    Thanks in advance!

P.S. Yeah, i know it is much better to try them on before buying . The most i can do is try on similar ones. Though i might be able to get my hands on/feet in the asics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    For Mizuno and ASICS shoes, I find wearing half size larger than my normal shoe size to fit better. My Mizuno Lightning in my normal shoe size actually pinches at the toes area. My Gel VTR actually fits well when I ordered a 10.5 (my shoe size is 10 US)
    U see - that doesn't help much . What I need is to rebuild the scale of sizes. My foot length is 26cm, and each shoe (e.g. asics, mizuno yonex) might fit differently, even if US or UK sizes are equal. Wot is your foot size (in cms)?
    Last edited by White_trash; 07-14-2005 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if you need to get so specific... but my foot length is 28cm. Hope that helps.

U see - that doesn't help much . What I need is to rebuild the scale of sizes. My foot length is 26cm, and each shoe (e.g. asics, mizuno yonex) might fit differently, even if US or UK sizes are equal. Wot is your foot size?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to "the chart", if your foot is 28cm, you should be wearing 11.5 US.
    Anyway, 2 cm difference between your foot and my foot should result in about 3 sizes. So, if you're wearing 10.5 Asics and Mizunos, then I should probably look for 7.5 US/ 7 UK.

Is there a specific Asics or Mizunos sizing chart?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Er... maybe for regular street shoes, even then Size 10 US is perfect for me. I prefer my court shoes snug otherwise I will be dealing with lots of blisters. Also, lateral support would be insufficient if the shoe is too big. You definitely don't want your feet to move around too much inside.

According to "the chart", if your foot is 28cm, you should be wearing 11.5 US.
    Anyway, 2 cm difference between your foot and my foot should result in about 3 sizes. So, if you're wearing 10.5 Asics and Mizunos, then I should probably look for 7.5 US/ 7 UK.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you really need to find a store in your city that sells ASICS or Mizuno shoes and try them on before buying them online. I won't even bother with online purchase unless I know what I want specifically. If there's no shops you can find that carry them, check out other models of court shoes as they're much better than any running shoes for baddy. Keep in mind that your shoes have higher wear and tear than any other baddy equipment and you don't really need the best for now, so don't worry too much about your purchase as you will continue to change them later. It's all good as long as the shoes fit well and has sufficient lateral support.

Last edited by cappy75; 07-14-2005 at 10:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yonex shb 98MX size 12... i got preety big foot

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast