Discussion on Korea's excellence skills in Double event

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by pptam, May 10, 2004.

1. pptam

pptam Regular Member

Senior Executive
    Hi everyone,

I had wanted to ask about this for a long time.

Korea seem very superior in Double Event. Even a scratch pair could win the games easily or a new pair could achieved a good result within a short time.

JUst like in archery games. A new korean archer at the age 16 could won the medals easily. I know the korean archers had parcticing a very healthy and luxury diet (ginseng) but it is implies to the badminton as well :D

I really salute to korea coach for their ability to trained up the world class double pairs.

Maybe Yap Kim Hock should stay in Korea for few months and watch them training (maybe he is not allow to do that :rolleyes: )

However in Archery, the korea coach is friendly and even invited the other archers to join them in Korea for intensive training.

I guess the same thing could happened in Badminton too....

2. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

I learn about the Koreans from friends, history, sports events, and dramas. I respect their fighting spirit and persistency. Looking at how they performed in World Cup Soccer semi-finals, you can tell they never give up, they would give everything they could even at the last second.

I can see the same styles apply to Korean doubles. Their stamina is unbeliveable and you do not expect them to quit the game even though they are trailing at 14-0.

3. economet

economet Regular Member

An exchange is always welcome in Korea. For instance, just before the Korea Open 2004 the German national team trained together at the Taereung national camp near Seoul. Actually, after the German Open last year the German chief coach Madsen asked the Korean chief coach Kim, Choongsoo, for two longer training sessions in Korea before the Olympic games. But the time schedule of German players allowed only once to attend the training. (I was translating there between Kim and Madsen on the finals day of the German Open). It was sort of strange because Madsen comes from Denmark. Probably the recent rivalry between Denmark and Germany was the reason for the decision not to have a training camp in Denmark before the Olympics. Principally, the training facilities in Taereung are open to every national team as long as the schedule allows. Malaysian team is another example. There is a regular exchange between Korean and Malaysian team at least once a year, maybe due to Park, Joobong.

#3 economet, May 19, 2004
    Last edited: May 19, 2004
  4. economet

economet Regular Member

So the foreign players can exactly do the same thing as the Koreans. But what I experienced about the normal training schedule at the camp was very tight. But the food should be really good like in the Chinese centre.