Talent Hunt

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Guys,Fox wanted to know that if a major company like Yonex or LI-Ning could organise a talent hunt programme in which interested players could come for open trials across various countries,a setup similar to that of "Nike-The Chance" eventually leading to a 24 x 7 academy for the selected kids across the globe who have missed the oppurtunity to become professional but have age and talent on their sides.
    If it is possible,then what would be the criteria for selecting players?
    As per Nike-The Chance,trials in various countries were held.Players selected from one country then would meet on a Continental trials and eventually top 100 who got selected were from different continents were in for final test afterwards i think top 8 were selected for a 24x7 academy based on their raw talent and technical,tactial level and ofcourse confident playing.

Here is a short story how Fox got selected in FC Barcelona's football School in New Delhi.It was an open trial for any footballer interested.Kind of 700 kids were there.Players were divided into Team Messi,Xavi,Iniesta,Puyol,Valdes etc acc. to their playing position.There were 10 coaches who were selecting.The trial was divided into 2 parts:Open trials and Final trials eventually leading to bunch of 100 kids accross various age to train at two football centres by coaches of spain.
    In the open trials,250 kids were selected out of 700 based on their technical skills.There were 5 technical DRILLS that tested the technical level of kids leading to a short match and then players were told to wait for an e-mail for invitation for final trials.

In Final trials,100 kids out of 250 got selected.The emphasis was given on tactical skill means much longer matches and drills that test your tactical as well as technical skills(Monkey in the middle kind of stuff).Now these trials not only gave footballers an oppurtunity to train the barca way but also the ones who get rejected an oppurtunity to test their level among elites.I was selected luckily but my friend was rejected as he was told in the final trials that he slowed down the game and lacked tactical awareness required to play.

So,is their any specific drills in baddy that could conclude the technical skills of shuttlers who comes for these trials.I know the stuff would be more difficult as their are more departments in baddy but any drill or activities that could find out the technical brilliance of players and after that a much more tactical trial based on matches and other dills.
    Coz i feel in that way,the game would be truly promoted .There may be players who are immensely talented but do not have necessary bucks to afford academy training and make it to the top

I think Yonex has the potential to do so,not necessarily now but maybe after 2020 when more elite shuttlers retired and they could be appointed as the one who would be selecting kids.

Do you think the particular idea will be a mission successful or impossible to do this way?

2. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    In the UK we have talent funds to help those that cannot afford the coaching and training costs or costs incurred to go to competitions. We also have a good network to source the best upcoming players. Good idea but I think we already do a similar thing over here with the coaches network and county associations which are linked with the National Governing Body.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time.

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Thanx for the response sir,but i think their may be shuttlers outside of UK unable to do the very so.Maybe in countries that are not so developed as UK

4. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    India has a very good badminton setup, its getting better every year. You need to link with the local government to see what funding they have in place for talented athletes and those from poorer backgrounds. That would be my first place to start. Also link with local schools and see what provisions they have. Good luck!

P.S. For Yonex or other big organisations to get involved, you would need some prolific players or individuals that have authority and influence to organise such events, it doesn't happen overnight and you would need the collaboration with lots of different partners.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time.