taufik hidayat :-D

Discussion in 'Thomas/Uber Cups 2004' started by Nrlll9, May 10, 2004.

1. Nrlll9

Nrlll9 Regular Member

haha he's pretty funny

http://www.thejakartapost.com/detaillatestnews.asp?fileid=20040510163207&irec=6

Shuttler Taufik reportedly involved in fight, again

JAKARTA (JP): Men's singles badminton player Taufik Hidayat was reported to the Jakarta Police after allegedly becoming involved in a fight with a motorist on Monday.

According to the police report, Taufik punched Jacky Darmawan, who was driving Ahmad Kalla, the younger brother of vice presidential candidate Yusuf Kalla, in the eastern parking lot of the Bung Karno Sports Complex, where the badminton Thomas and Uber Cup championships are taking place.

Jacky, driving a Nissan Infinty, was reportedly about to exit the parking lot when a parking attendant called out to him, prompting Jacky to reverse. At the same time, Taufik's car was entering the parking lot and hit the rear end of the Nissan.

Taufik reportedly became involved in a quarrel with Jacky, and the No. 17 ranked player in the world then allegedly punched Jacky.

Jacky proceeded to the nearby headquarters of the Jakarta Police and filed a complaint against the badminton star.

Taufik was involved in fights with spectators in 2001 in Jakarta and 2002 in Bandung. He was also involved in a similar dispute over a traffic accident in 2003.

2. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    All I can say is LOL

Things get sticky, and heated when people are focussed on other tasks, and priorities, and then they get side tracked.

Unfortunate as it is... but crap happens.

-Kelvin

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    [font=Helvetica, Arial]Taufik in trouble over minor insident[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Evi Mariani and Novan Iman Santosa, Jakarta Post[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Indonesian top shuttler Taufik Hidayat was reported to the Jakarta Police on Monday due to his involvement in a traffic incident at the Bung Karno Sports Complex in Senayan, Central Jakarta, just nine hours prior to his encounter with Chinese contender Bao Chunlai in the Thomas Cup championship.

Jacky Darmawan, Ahmad Kalla's driver, filed a report with the police, saying that Taufik had hit him and banged his car's hood, after he accidentally hit Taufik's car bumper.

He claimed he had already passed the parking gate of the sports complex's East Parking Lot when the parking attendant motioned him to reverse. He reversed the Nissan Infinity car he was driving but hit the front bumper of Taufik's car.

Taufik was furious upon seeing his dented bumper and started an argument with Jacky. The latter claimed that Taufik hit him. Trying to avoid further conflict, Jacky got into the car, but Taufik ran to the front of the car and banged the hood.

Taufik was accused of violating Article 335 of the Criminal Code on unpleasant conduct.

Badminton Association of Indonesia (PBSI) chairman Chairul Tanjung requested the press not to exaggerate the incident. He quoted Taufik, who claimed that he had merely honked at the car to stop reversing.

"I was indeed involved in a clash with the driver when suddenly another motorist showed up and defended the driver who hit my car," Chairul quoted the player as saying. "The man claimed to be a member of the House of Representatives (DPR) and also a relative of (vice presidential candidate) Jusuf Kalla."

"The driver wanted to sue me and asked me to accompany him to the city police headquarters. I agreed to tail his car but the car disappeared on the way to the headquarters."

When asked if Taufik truly hit the driver, Chairul denied it, saying "perhaps they were just pushing each other."

He added there had been no report filed with the police, quoting official sources and clarification from various parties.

When asked why a shuttler -- who was supposedly under quarantine at the Hilton Hotel -- was outside, Chairul said the shuttlers were allowed to buy meals outside the hotel to avoid boredom. "We provide the shuttlers with cash. Taufik did not break any disciplinary rules," he said, adding that the dispute had been settled.
    [/font]