voltric 0

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by masterbaddy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. masterbaddy

masterbaddy Regular Member

Has anyone used voltric 0 im thinking of buying it , so can you please tell me how it is eg. how the smashes are, how it handles etc.
    thanks

2. djlightscene

djlightscene Regular Member

The Voltric 0 is a good racket. However its just a basic head heavy racket. Good for beginners. My friend bought one but since we play 3 times a week and have a trainer, he quickly outgrew the racket. After just 3 months, the racket was limiting his growth. He got a VT80 afterwards and never looked back. My suggestion for this is that if you just play casual and not competitive regularly then this one fits the requirement requirement. But if you're serious about the sport then a mid range racket is a better choice. Good luck!

3. masterbaddy

masterbaddy Regular Member

Is voltric 5 good then, because I don't want to outgrow it in 3 months I want to make it last.

4. djlightscene

djlightscene Regular Member

Yes, the Voltric 5 is a great racket. I have one and still use it from time to time. Its a good mid range racket that you wont outgrow fast. I have mine for almost a year and still great for singles since it is 3U. I use it for mixed doubles and it just performs OK.
    The VT5's strengths are Powerful Smashes and Great Offense but Slow on defense on a very fast paced rally which is normal for a head heavy racket.
    Overall, If I were to use a midrange racket, the VT5 is a no-brainer choice for me which is evident on my style of play. Good luck!

5. Apollo1

Apollo1 New Member

The going price for a Voltric 0 here in suburbs of Toronto is $50 but it seems like more than just a basic entry-level racket in that its frame says it can be strung upto 24 lbs.

I've used one for a year and am happy with its overall performance for the price. Only concern I have is that possibly the shaft (listed on Yonex website as "flexible") might actually be too flexible for fast smashes. Assuming that one has decent smashing technique and strength, I'm thinking the flexible shaft might not release all the stored energy in time for the smash. In other words, if you smash too quick for the racket, you will have completed the entire smash before the shaft fully "unwinds". The racket then continues to straighten out for a split-second more, releasing a bit more energy but the bird has already left the racket face. Is this possible or am I imagining?! I always guessed that this was the reason why pros preferred stiff or medium stiff racket shafts.

6. Dias09

Dias09 Regular Member

That's true. Anyway, even low end eackets can take 24 lbs.