Federer vs Murray

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Federer serving out of this world and not doing much wrong when it's coming to rallies too.After clinching the first set 7-5.Will the 17 times grand slam winner make it to the finals again or the british number 1 Andy Murray will bounce back to make it to the finals.Stay tuned for more updates.

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Yuuu..huuuuu..two wild backhands from federer makes 2 games to all.Federer is playing well but so is murray.This is turning out to be good entertainment.stay tuned

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Errors creeping in Federer's game but when he is serving that well,it's always hard to defeat him.3-2 up in the second set

4. Nine Tailed Fox

a Strong service game again from federer which keeps him 4-3 up in the 2nd set.I have a feeling Murray will loose this match.but,let's see how things proceed.

5. Nine Tailed Fox

Gillian Clarke would have been saying "What on earth can you do if your opponents is dealing with aces?"..Such a precise serving game from Federer adds extra pressure on Murray while Murray is also having a very good service game but not as good as fed express definitely.5-4 to federer

6. Nine Tailed Fox

UNBELIEVABLE FROM ANDY MURRAY!!..TENNIS OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY ladies and gentlemen..Not only he saved three set points but a spirited offensive game made him stay in the 2nd set....duece at 5-4...But as i mentioned earlier,all the real action is on when murray is serving.

7. Nine Tailed Fox

Murray is getting better and better as the game progresses on.A strong ace to make it 5-5 in the 2nd set.

8. Nine Tailed Fox

Just 2 minutes and federer takes the game.6-5 in the 2nd set after an exhibition service game.Murray has no clue how to keep up with federer's serve.

9. Nine Tailed Fox

FEDERER TAKES THE 2nd SET!

Just about perfect precision and genius offense got the better of Andy Murray in the end.Well,when the GOAT is on the form of his recent years if not life,even then you can't do much really.It will be a mountain task for Andy if he has to come back....

Federer leading two sets to love with scoreline reading 7-5,7-5.

10. Nine Tailed Fox

2-2 in the third and possibly the decisive set as Murray served really strong.Stats showing Federer leading 42 to 26 when it comes to aggressive forehand.

11. phili

phili Regular Member

The first set and beginning of second set were quite boring tbh. Federer was all about service, during the rallies he wasn't himself. Murray did was he best at trying to return everything. I don't know what happened from 2-2 in the second set up until now but it seems to be a better match now.

12. Nine Tailed Fox

SAME OLD STORY SO FARIn a long time,i have never seen federer serving so well as he is serving today.The variation is federer's offense is just too much for Andy Murray.Add to it That Federer's serve and volly game has been successful 90% of the time.I see federer swooping this in straight sets.

13. Nine Tailed Fox

FEDERER WINS THE MATCH

A masterclass service game with an all round commanding performance from the Swiss Superstar as he enters the Men's Singles Final with a straight sets win over former Wimbledon Champion and British Number 1 Andy Murray 7-5,7-5,6-4.There was nothing much the british could do with the exception of a better 1st serve on few occasions as federer was in the mood of displaying an exhibition stuff.

Match Rating:B+

Federer's Performance:
    Serve:A+
    Dealing with Errors:B+
    Forehand game:A
    Backhand game:B+
    Counter Attacking:A

Murray's Performance:
    Serve:B+
    Dealing with errors:B
    Forehand game:B
    Backhand game:B+
    Counter Attack:B+(with moments of brilliance,there was nothing much to counter attack)

14. Nine Tailed Fox

oops,i am extremely sorry i missed your post but i think murray played better during last few games of 1st and 2nd set.Also his 2nd serve was strong which made his serving decent all and all.But i doubt Nole would have done any better today coz federer was playing too good.

15. phili

phili Regular Member

No problem, I was just stating my opinion ;)

In the end Federer got way better into the rallies than compared to the first set. The two backhands in the last game were just beautiful. But I still feel Djokovic will win since I think he can put more pressure on Federer's server than Murray could. I hope for a awesome final!

16. Nine Tailed Fox

Hmmm..good observation there..Djokovic is undoubtdely the best returner of the serve in the circuit...But he could only return if there is a scope unlike today where federer was usually dealing with aces in most part of the games....As of who will be the Wimbledon Champion,there is one thing where federer can be compared with LD.The result of his matches depends more if not totally on how he plays.If he can manage to control on unforced errors and serve as well as today..i can assure you that we will witness a 5 set thriller if not a Roger Win.

17. phili

phili Regular Member

It is really hard to tell if Djokovic would have had a chance agains Federer's serves today. I feel just the pressure of the possibility that Djokovic can return his serves might weaken the serve of Federer. But well this is highly hypothetical and impossible to prove. If both are at 100% in the final, we are in for a real treat!

18. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    NTF during RG15 thought you had "retired" from tennis? Turns out it was a mere sabbatical. 3 Indians are still in with a chance to win.

19. Nine Tailed Fox

Haha..well you can say Federer's flawless game throughout this tournament made me invested again but really,wimbledon is the tournament i pretty much every year get excited about.It's special.Hoping for fed express win.And yeah,hope the Indians do well also.

20. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    I would want all the Indians, Nole, Queen and Rojer/Tecau to win.

Yeah get that a lot. Loads of fans only tune in tennis during Big W, F1 during Monaco(mostly)/Silverstone(few), WWE (not a sports though) during Mania or Rumble.