Replacement for Yonex Isometric 60 Light?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by LeBusch, Jul 20, 2015.

1. LeBusch

LeBusch New Member

Hey guys,

I am currently looking for a replacement for my Yonex Isometric 60 Light which unfortunately had seen better days. I've tried a lot of different rackets in the past but eventually always ended up playing with my old Isometric 60 Light. So I was trying to find an equivalent racket but to be honest, I don't even know if it is head-light or balanced or what degree of flexibility it has. But for some reason, I also can't find anything about it on the internet. So I really hope, someone in this forum has any idea about what could be considered this racket's successor in the current Yonex range. I currently fancy the Yonex Nanoray 20 because some reviews describe it as a defensive racket which can hit long clears with ease, which pretty much sums up my experiences with the Yonex Isometric 60 Light. Sadly, there isn't any badminton store near to where I live where I could just borrow the racket and try it. So I want to be 100% sure before I spend my money on any new racket. I hope, you guys can help. Thanks!

Best regards

2. Kennyb

Kennyb Regular Member

Hi LeBusch,

Welcome to the forum. :)

It's been a long time since I last saw or used a ISO 60 light - it was my first Yonex racket when. I agree that it was a great racket to play with and I believe my sister has got it.

From what I remembered, that racket was definitely a head light racket. Therefore with the current models available within Yonex, it would either be the Nanoray or the Arcsaber depending on whether you want power or control.

Alternatively, you can go to the 'Market Place' of this forum and ask if anyone has a ISO60 Light for sale.

Outside of Yonex, I believe the Victor Bravesword would be another option (BF posters - correct me if I am wrong here please).

Cheers

3. LeBusch

LeBusch New Member

Hi Kenny,

Thank you very much! I'm going to take a closer look on the Yonex Nanoray models then. May I ask which racket you replaced your ISO 60 with? :)

Best regards

4. maomaos2000

maomaos2000 Regular Member

If I could remember iso model are light weight racket, I think arcsabre is closest to iso..

5. Kennyb

Kennyb Regular Member

I initially went to the ISO SwingPower which was great fun to use but with the rise in racket prices and constant changes in different models, I moved over to the Carbonex 20 (old school I know!) and haven't looked back since.

Although I have been thinking about giving the Nanorays or Arcsabers a go, I still can't justify paying over a £100 for a racket...

6. maomaos2000

Not sure what type of player u are, but I testing nanoray speed( not Ispeed ) which cost £77 for directbadminton.com

7. LeBusch

LeBusch New Member

Hey guys,

Sorry for not answering for quite a while but I've been on holiday :) I'm also going to take the Arcsabers into consideration then. Thanks again for your help!

8. maomaos2000

Tested arcsabre 11 with bg80power 26lbs lastnite, good racket well balance but feel heavy than my zforce. So far I Perfer voltic force feel light and deliver good power