Racket Recommendation for Average/Intermediate Player

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Riger DC, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Riger DC

Riger DC Regular Member

If you want a racquet:
    1. How often do you play, how serious are you?
    - Once a week, not dead serious but also not too casual

2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)
    -All rounder; playing doubles with pretty much equal mix of playing front/back/sides/offensive/defensive

3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?
    - A balance of both

4. Whats the most you are willing to spend?
    - 200 Malaysian Ringgit/ 52 USD / 48 Euros / 33 Pounds (our currency took a nose dive recently :( )

Extra info if it helps:

5. Currently using Apacs Nano 777 Speed which is rated 4U-G2, medium balance (285 ±5) and medium stiffness (8.3-8.7)

I understand that the grip size for Apacs is the opposite to Yonex, so my G2 would be a Yonex G4 .

I dont have much comments on my current racket (maybe not skilled enough to critique :p), only maybe the grip I'm using is too thick, making it feel heavy at the grip.

6. http://www.sunriseclick.com/ suggested to me the Yonex Arcsber 7 based on my playing preferences but out of budget.

7. If its blue it will be a bonus :D

8. String tension around 23-24lbs

#1 Riger DC, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  2. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Yonex Arcsaber Lite:
    http://www.directbadminton.co.uk/sp...rcsaber-lite-badminton-racket?ProductID=21261

About £39.00 or cheaper maybe where you are. Its a great racket for the price, 4U weight (83g), medium flex and even balanced racket. Full isometric with new grommet pattern. Just change the default strings as they are rubbish.

You wanted a perhaps a blue racket, then this:

Babolat F2G Essential:
    http://www.directbadminton.co.uk/sp...2g-essential-badminton-racket?ProductID=17403

100% graphite racket, 85g weight, flexible shaft and even balance. A nice racket for a improver. Cheap too at only £24.

Also one more: Babolat I-Pulse Essential:
    http://www.directbadminton.co.uk/sp...2g-essential-badminton-racket?ProductID=17403

84g weight, even balance, flexible shaft but faster as it is ultra aero frame, cuts through the air easily. Plus its blue also ;) Price: £37 approx.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    The problem with the designated driver program, it's not a desirable job, but if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it. At the end of the night, drop them off at the wrong house.

#2 InvincibleAjay, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  3. Riger DC

Riger DC Regular Member

The Babolats look interesting but was hoping its stiffer... Anyway thanks for your suggestions!

4. gmore

gmore Regular Member

you can always try the Apacs Virtuoso Performance. 4u-g2. Featherweight 300/500 is another.

I have a similar requirement to you, and i find the Featherweight 500 is brilliant for doubles. powerwise its good as well. i am generally a backcourt doubles player and i don't find it lacking power.

i will have my AVP to try soon, so it might be even better.

5. gmore

gmore Regular Member

6. Riger DC

Riger DC Regular Member

Thanks for your input!