Arcsaber 11

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by swang, Jul 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. swang

swang Regular Member

Student
    Hey I just tried the Arcsaber 11(like just now) and I am wondering about everyone elses opinion on this racket before buying it as I only used it for around an hour.
    Questions:
    1. is it really fragile?
    i sometimes clash rackets and hit the frame dont want it breaking too easily
    2. does it take time to get use to?
    it didnt seem too different when i used it but looking for long term users
    3. is it worth it?
    dont want to waste my money on a racket that isnt good and is the same as a cheaper racket
    4. are smashes and clears good?
    its a lighter racket than one i am using so well clearing and smashing require a lot more power
    5. finally are 4u and 3u different by a lot or not significant if so which one is better?

2. swang

swang Regular Member

Student
    also if anyone knows how much different is it from nanoray 80?

3. Legitmeister

Legitmeister Regular Member

Product Designer
    Alrighty the Arc 11 is stiffer and more head heavy and overall heavier than the Nanoray 80. Given that the 80 is pretty headlight and the 11 even weight with ever so slight head weight you will get better control from the stiffness and momentum swing with it. Arc 11 will be easier for clears and smashes but you need to develop wrist technique to fully utilize it as it won't be as easy to smash really powerful when compared to a head heavy racket. Overall you will have better shots and consistency over time with the Arc 11 coming from the Nanoray 80. It will take a little time to get used to the smaller head of the arc 11 but you will adjust pretty quickly and love it, get the 3U as 4U won't have enough power. I've clashed a bunch of times and nothing has ever happened so don't worry about it! Price wise this is the best your'e gonna get and unless you switch brands nothing from cheaper from yonex will beat the Arc 11 for what it does

4. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    I owe the Arcsaber 11 and have had the NR80 in the past. To answer your questions.

1) Is pretty durable but all clashes are different, mine has taken some clashes with no issues. However I try to minimise this where possible. Not rally is worth a loss of an expensive racket.
    2) There is a learning curve as you are going from a head light racket to an even balance racket. Its a nicely balanced racket and you should get used to it pretty swiftly. Just adjust your swing speed and timings as it will feel vastly different compared to the NR80.
    3) Yes its worth it, as great racket.
    4) See 2, once you get used to the adjust, clears, smashes etc are all good. Its a brilliant all round racket.
    5) I have a 3U, works nicely for me in singles and mixed doubles.

Hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular.

5. nemrod

nemrod Regular Member

1. I rarely clash but have had one small one with not even a chip. It feels pretty durable.

2. I could play pretty well with it right off the bat, but it took a couple of sessions to really feel I was consistently hitting and moving well with it.

3. Absolutely. It's a great racket.

4. They are. I was actually surprised at how good my smashes still were, just very slightly weaker than my much head-heavier racket I was using previously. Just needed those few sessions to adjust my technique.

5. Not sure what you guys are talking about since the ARC11 is only available in 2U and 3U---not 4U. I have a 3U and haven't used a 2U so I can't compare them directly. The swing weight should be marginally lower on the 3U, but in contrast you get more speed. It's a trade-off, and given that there's plenty of power in the 3U anyway I think it's really up to personal preference. I bought the ARC11 primarily for speed and control while retaining enough power to put pressure and get the shuttle to the ground when opportunity presents itself, and it's delivering in all departments, even surprising me with how much power I could get from it.

6. swang

swang Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for all the quick replies, I really appreciate it.

7. teleke

teleke Regular Member

1. is it really fragile?
    Cannot answer this one (I don´t play doubles)
    2. does it take time to get use to?
    No, for me the most user-friendly racket I have ever tried
    3. is it worth it?
    It definitely is if you´re looking for an even balance stiff racket
    4. are smashes and clears good?
    They are. But obviously smashes are bit slower and clears bit shorter compared to HH rackets
    5. finally are 4u and 3u different by a lot or not significant if so which one is better?
    Cannot answer as I play with 3u only

8. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Just out of curiousity, how does this arc11 compared to its previous arc10? I mean, other than color & price wise, is the BP & stiffness any different? Which one is the closest to arc z slash? (I recall arc z slash has quite flexible shaft, even balance but smaller head size, and also quite fragile).

9. scps88

scps88 Regular Member

n/a
    With me for 2 years & I play mostly doubles. Fortunately only chips from what I deemed quite-serious clash & neither felt like arc-zs. JS10 seem closest from the look of it.