Please Recommend what racket to buy

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Mickey_kst, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Mickey_kst

Mickey_kst New Member

Student
    I think my level is intermediate. Right now i am using Arcsaber - 7. But while playing with that racket i don't see any confidence in me. While training if i swing for a couple of minutes, i started to feel fatigue in my upper arms and fore arms where i don't feel like continuing to swing more. I feel really exhausted too. Does it concern with rackets ? I feel like i am not confident and comfortable with the rackets. Right now i am thinking of getting a new racket. I want a racket which have control, power , and the racket must also be light one(but not too light).The rackets in my ideas are Voltric Z Force 2 , Voltric 80 and Nano Ray Z Speed. If i have to buy among those rackets what weight must i buy 4U or 5U. Please Give Suggestions pls. Plus any other recommendation on rackets. (P.S - i will be only using Yonex )

2. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    none of those model u want come in 5u. In 4u i would say its lighter than ur arc7

3. Mickey_kst

Mickey_kst New Member

Student
    As u said if 4U is lighter then arc7 does that mean i have to use more power which can lead to fatigue. any recommendation ? yeah sry about that i mean 3u and 4u pls suggest. i have been thinking for really a long time what to buy :(

4. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    currently using Zspeed .Getting a third piece as a spare as its just so nice for me. For you i would say you could get a Voltric 80 at 4u or a Arcsaber fb at 5u. Both are not that bad at conservation of energy but still provides decent power

5. nemrod

nemrod Regular Member

I don't see how going from even-balanced and medium stiff to head-heavy and stiff is going to lessen your fatigue, in my book both of those mean increased fatigue/difficulty of handling. But to each his own I guess, just make sure to try them before you buy or you might get the opposite effect...

6. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

What about Nanoray 900, this is the racket popular for fast double play, won't cause sore arm after lots of smashing but still got decent power, great control and defense.

7. iRonPantzz

iRonPantzz New Member

Maybe u can try out the jetspeed 10.it has 4u n 5u and its like a lighter version of z force.

8. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I think that any stiff racket will gain your problem. If it's head heavy, too it will gain your problem by factor 9000. I think you should work on your technique, try other rackets from mates and lower your tension next time first before the racket is the culprit. FME the Arc 7 is an easy to use allround racket which will suit alot of players.
    Don't go for anything lighter than 4U. Dismiss the Voltrics exclude 60 and 70, forget the Z speed and any Nanoray will do more harm than help. IMO your racket is a good choice. Maybe the combination of tension/technique is the culprit. Some weight training to be in a fitter mood is always good.

9. Saihua

Saihua Regular Member

Learning Life
    As far as I'm aware, the Arc 7 is a medium flex and a balanced racket. If you are fatigued after a couple of minutes swinging the racket or rallying.Then I believe that this is most likely be down to your technique and/or fitness to blame rather than the racket.

I would advise you to stick with your current racket and get some coaching. I often see players buying new rackets in hope that it would help progress their game and improve their play, but end up being more disappointed with their investment; where the money would better be spent on a coach.

But if you are certain that the racket is holding you back then I would suggest the Karakal BN-60 or the Yonex Nanoray 900.

10. Mohd Veer

Mohd Veer New Member

Student
    [​IMG]

Why dont u try yonex arcsaber fb,arcsaber fb is the lightest yonex racket but u have to be aware when u play double with this racket because when u clash for the first time also it will broke,,,

11. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Just my two cents:
    I found the Flash Boost very difficult to generate power on; it was easy at the net, and was a dream for kills, but it feels like using half a racket. The head doesn't feel like it's there. I found it difficult to perform good clears with the racket, often finding myself short and forced into defence. As such I did not buy the racket.

Some questions for you:
    What string are you using, at what tension, and how old is the string?
    What shuttles are you using, and what speed?

I find that some rackets feel terrible with loose string (ZF2, N50 III), but find some rackets are more playable with looser strings (ZSpeed, Voltric 0).

I also find plastic shuttles require a much harder hit to produce a satisfying shot.

It might be worth exploring your string and shuttle choice before your racket choice.

As someone that has owned and used both the ZF2 and Z-Speed, if you find your current racket fatigues you, you will have substantially more issues with those rackets. The Z-Speed is very tiring to use in general from my experience, and the ZF2 feels like it's pulling you along for the ride as you hit.

12. Mohd Veer

Mohd Veer New Member

Student
    Im using
    Racket : ZF2
    String : BG80 power
    Stringing Tension : 27
    Shuttle : Protech (World class)

13. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    That was for the original poster having issues with fatigue ;)

14. zeuxmy

zeuxmy Regular Member

Most of the cases is due to techniques or skill, small percentage due to racket unless ur racket is really lousy or wooden

15. zeuxmy

zeuxmy Regular Member

In few occasions my frens or team mate complaint their racket no good, what i suggested was let's exchange racket and play, then they witnessed their defeat by me using their oen racket, since then they live happily with their rackets, hee hee

16. Arradon

Arradon Regular Member

Never buy a racket without trying it on court by yourself. I made that mistake recently with Yonex VT70 e-tune. Now I will test Victor JetSpeed series, before buying them.

17. Mickey_kst

Mickey_kst New Member

Student
    I wish i could test a racket before buying but how can i test a racket in the court before buying ;3 i have to go and by at a retailer. Plus, they are unstring before you buy. That's why

18. Arradon

Arradon Regular Member

Some shops have "test" rackets just to try before buying, clubs as well. You need to find them and ask for it.