Is there really nothing I can do?

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by Exert, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Two days ago I receive my warranty racquet the Voltric 70 E tune, I strung it with rkep Ti-70 @ 26Lbs. Yesterday while I was rallying with my friend I went for a smash and hit the frame with the shuttle cock. It was a victor master no.1 shuttlecock. Seriously a racquet should break in a day due to a frame shot I feel like I've been given a defective racquet for my warranty. Before and after I string the racquet I always check it THROUGHLY if there's any cracks or anything physical damage and there was none. Is there really nothing I can do about this? I can't ask yonex Canada for another one? Thanks.

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    If you think that you strung it properly and didn't make any mistake, I would claim warranty. It will show them, that the first warranty issue wasn't a seldom issue.
    TBH it wasn't very clever to string a brand new racket above the maximum tension. To be fair, it can be your fault, but FME every crappy Yonex racket should take 26lbs, if it's proper stringing on a 6-pt machine. I know you use a crank and flying clamps, so it's a save bet that it isn't 26 right off the machine. Maximum tension 3U: 25lbs, 4U: 24lbs. I would try it, but for the near future I suggest you to use a thinner string at lower tensions, instead of the soft RKEP rope @26.

3. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Yes I am 110% I have strung it right, I have $50 yonex racquets that easily take up 27 lbs no problem. I usually don't play at 24lbs that's the thing. Thanks.

4. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    In all honesty though my first racquet was a clash and yet I still got my warranty back.

5. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
  6. CBlack

CBlack Regular Member

You had better hope YY-Paul, or Eggroll, or any of the other YY shirts are not reading this... :p

Also, it doesn't hurt to ask...
    What's the worst that they can say? No?

Did you string it up with any of the E-Tune parts installed?
    Though, I'm starting to wonder if there was a manufacturing fault, and a batch of defectives were released to the public. :confused:

Maybe we should compile this data as a community.
    If there are others with similar breakages... something might be done to remedy the situation.

#6 CBlack, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  7. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    IMG_0357.jpg

:(

8. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    The owner of my badminton centred argued for me I was lucky but unlucky for it to break in a day. All parts were installed on the racquet.

9. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    If warranty doesn't go through I'm thinking of taking the bottom e tune grommets and putting it on a normal racquet :p

10. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    While I have no doubts that your racket may have had defects, it is quite easy for companies to get out of warranty cases when multiple rackets broke in a short amount of time and were not strung by certified stringers or at least authorized dealers