Apacs Vanguard 11

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Riger DC, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Riger DC

Riger DC Regular Member

Was shopping for a backup/new primary racket and had an eye on several rackets but I couldn't find any of them, so I was recommended this Apacs Vaguard 11. Looks just like the Arcsaber 11.

Anyone heard of this Vanguard series? Searched the forums but its barely mentioned. Apacs website doesn't have it either. Or is this an out-of-production model?

2. Riger DC

Riger DC Regular Member

So... nobody has heard of this racket?

3. bestindigital

bestindigital Regular Member

Data Engineer
    Sorry to bump an old thread. But, did you buy this racket and try it out?
    I just ordered one for the heck of it. I am supposed to receive it within a week or two.
    I'll update this thread with my mini-review when I have tried it out.

4. Riger DC

Riger DC Regular Member

No worries mate, I'm more than happy to finally get a response here :D

Yes I am using it as my primary racket now. Compared to my old Apacs 777 Nano:

I find my smashes are sharper (both rackets use Yonex BG80 Power but the V-11 has 1lb softer tension)

Its noticeably lighter which needed some getting used to. Feels slightly head-light even.

Overall I'm quite happy with it, cant wait to get your inputs! :)

5. bestindigital

bestindigital Regular Member

Data Engineer
    I played several games with the Vanguard 11, giving my Yonex ZForce-s a rest. I actually enjoyed playing with it. Smashes were not as powerful as the ZForce, but defending, lifting, clearing were on point. Smashing took more power, and so my arm started hurting a bit trying to get my usual smashing power. But, it's a fun racket to play with. It feels slightly head-heavier than my ArcSaber 11 though.

6. Riger DC

Riger DC Regular Member

Haha I guess we're reporting from different ends of the racket performance spectrum hence the differing feedbacks :D

But I'm still curious to know what racket the V-11 is based on? Or is this some sort of lower-spec brother to the Edgesaber?