indonesia denmark

Discussion in 'Thomas/Uber Cups 2004' started by Nrlll9, May 12, 2004.

1. Nrlll9

Nrlll9 Regular Member

man indonesia will have a hard time

they might lose to denmark

1st singles. peter gade should win
    2nd single. taufik should win
    3rd singles. peter rasumessen should win

then 1st doubls, jonas/lars should win...

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Agree!

On paper, Denmark doubles have a big edge. However, Jens Eriksen blows hot and cold.

Wonder if Eng/Flandy will be placed in first doubles.
    2nd doubles, trikus/candra :confused:

What a match in prospect....... :cool:

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Agree.

If Ind lose in first single and first double, which is very likely,
    then the pressure on the remaining guys may be too huge to bear.

4. tama-aki

tama-aki Regular Member

Grad student
    Theoritically, Denmark should have more chance to win. But we never know, just like the Malaysian squad.

I think both countries will be out in full power.

My guess for the Indonesian lineup:
    1st Single= Sonny
    2nd = Taufik
    3rd = Simon

1st Doubles = Luluk/Alven
    2nd = Flandy/Eng

Denmark:
    1st Single = Gade
    2nd = Kenneth
    3rd = Anders

1st doubles = Jonas/Lars
    2nd = Jens/Martin

It's gonna be tough and Denmark is dying to get its first Thomas ever, but Indonesia will win :D

The fight may be even tougher since Denmark loves crazy Indonesian crowd and they even expect more of louder and chaotic cheers.

5. Morten

Morten Regular Member

When will INA vs DEN and CHN vs Korea be played?

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it will be friday. tomorrow is semi final for UC, friday semi final for TC.

my guess is they will put INA vs. DEN in the evening for the home crowd.

then saturday UC final, sunday TC final.

there goes my sunday morning sleep-in...

7. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I'm not so sure about the Danish doubles having the edge. The indonesian pairs just seem to have that extra gear, they seldom find it, but when they do they're just unstoppable. I think Flandy/Eng has a higher "best level" than Luluk/Alven.

Anders Boesen should be left out, so should Kaldau, in favour of Peter Rasmussen as 3rd single. Sure, he's been injured, and he's lacking in match training, but at least he's got the potential to bring a point home -- something that Boesen definitely doesn't have at the moment (jeez, he lost to Jens Roch big time) and probably not Kaldau either...

Jonassen vs Taufik should be interesting. If Jonassen is in form it's more open than most of you seem to think...

A match to look forward to, for sure!

8. A fan

A fan Regular Member

Engineer

China vs Korea will be played on Sat May 14th at 14:30 hrs local time(GMT+7)
    while the Ina vs Den match will be played at 19:00 hrs on the same day.

My heart says Indonesia will win, but my head says Denmark will as they have a stronger and more consistent double pairs. Peter Gade is the key. In the past few tournaments this year neither the Indonesian nor the Chinese double players were not so successful in playing agianst the Danes. Furthermore they are now playing in an airconditioned stadium so the Danes will not suffer from playing in a hot and humid condition.

So I believe Denmark will at last win the Thomas Cup this year(which is good for badminton)!

9. SteveStanley

SteveStanley Regular Member

I think Indonesia will not play Alven/Luluk, because if Sony loses to Peter Gade, and then Alven/Luluk cannot take the presurre and lose again to whoever Denmark's first doubles, it's 0-2, Indonesia will not have a chance. I think Indonesia will play:

Sony
    Flandy/Eng Hian
    Taufik
    Candra/Trikus
    Simon

10. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    For once I am all for Denmark here, not because Indonesia beat Malaysia early this morning! You could see how Flandi/Eng Hian had great trouble defeating the scratch pair of Chew and the inexperienced Koo and while their first doubles of Alven/Luluk's youth and power were outplayed by their experienced counterparts. I see doubles again as the Archilles heel of Indonesia against Denmark. Jonas and Lars are simply a class above Alven/Luluk and I can see how hard it would be for Flandi/Eng Hian as well.

Still, I am not too sure about this - somehow the situation is almost the same as Malaysia; Peter Gade had to beat Sony for a good first point and failure here could mean the same scenario but Denmark have a more solid second doubles who could deliver the goods. I think INA would want Candra/Trikush to play here.

And Simon - oh my, again he will be biting his nails here, but I'm not quite sure if Boesen or Kaldau can defeat him.

11. ray

ray Regular Member

lecturer
    indra gunawan (former indonesian & malaysian coach) said he'll play that line-up.

12. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

never under estimate the indos when it comes to team event, they normally out-perform themselves.. as for denmark, they are good, have been good but haven't had the luck to win big in team.. i believe morten frost (if i am not wrong) had once said, denmark (danes) as individual could win any championship but playing as a team, they just lack that x-factor..

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    DEN must also know that, it is either take the TC this year or have to wait many many more years.

with the rise of strong doubles players in form of JR/LP as well as PeterG's come back, this year's Danish team is the strongest for many years. after this year, there will be many retirements in the team and Denmark team will have to wait for many many years to assemble another good team again.

14. jhl

jhl Regular Member

Indra knows what he is talking about. The young pair of Alven/Luluk will not trouble the Danes. I agree with Mag that Flandi/EH has a higher gear. They are the classiest; tried and tested pair INA have got now. If Eng Hian fires and controls the front court; they can beat any pair in the world. Its quite clear that pressure got to even old pros like Flandi/EH in the 2nd set yesterday (maybe a bit of complacency initially). The pressure at Senayan can cut both ways.

15. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Come On - Indons!!!

Indon is in trouble because their doubles are unable to pressure opponents. Both pairs played very badly against M'sia. Flandy/Eng Hian won only due to mistakes made by their opponents late in the 3rd game. Too close for comfort, definitely not what you'd expect. Imagine if it was M'sia who were leading 2-1 at that time ... ...:eek:

I said earlier that if Indon beat M'sia, then Denmark will in turn beat Indon. Denmark 1st doubles, like M'sia 1st doubles, can rise to the occasion and compensate for 1st singles loss. The same goes for China/Korea 1st pair. I don't see Flandy/Eng Hian or Luluk/Alven capable of doing that SHOULD SONY LOSE. This puts undue pressure on Sony, the poor guy.

Too bad Trikus/Chandra are only ranked 3rd, they are the best pair Indon has that could possibly turn the tide as 1st doubles. But they can't play 1st doubles (unless Indon use scratch pair for 2nd pair). Very dangerous when meeting All-England never-say-die champs Eriksen/Lundgaard Hansen.

Indon must again wrap the tie within first 4 matches. I'm sure Denmark will bring on Peter Rasmussen against Simon in 3rd singles.

The title will still go to China, no matter what!! :mad:

16. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

i agree eng hian/flandi are better choice to be fielded as the 1st double thn luluk/alven.. the last 2 matches of the young pair really show the crack and lack of maturity in their games..it will be a close contest and peter needs to win or else denmark has little chance of advancing... may the best team win (i am rallying for denmark this time.. ah me the traitor!!)

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker

18. HoNgHoNg

HoNgHoNg Regular Member

base in Spore, heart at wherever Lin Dan n Xuanze
    so if i watch afternoon CHN vs KOR... there shld b less crowd right???
    hehehe good good :p

at least can have some silence before the thunderous cheering comes in the evening for INA vs DEN ;)

19. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I think Denmark will be in the same shoes as Malaysians. If they can play well in the Singles.. i don't see any problem for them going to the Finals.

20. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    This tie is very hard to call. I predict the result to be either 3-0, 3-1 or 3-2. :D The winner will be either Indonesia or Denmark :D (but if it's 3-2, then it's Denmark)

If I were forced to bet at gunpoint, I'll say Indonesia 3-1.