racket deform at the end of strining job at the head

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by biborinho, Jul 30, 2015.

1. biborinho

biborinho Regular Member

I have a problem during stringing. All rackets get a little bit longer and more narrow (1-2mm). When the string job is finish the 10 and 2 mounting position (of my 6point strining machine) is also narrow, whereas the bottem mounting positon 4 and 8 oclock is very firm because of the deformed racked. In my opinion the problem is that I string the crosses from bottom to top, the first crosses have much more resistance from the mains weather the last crosses have less resistance from the mains.
    Do you have the same probleme? Do you string the last crosses with less tension?

2. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Bottom up is the recommended way to string by almost all manufacturers, that is not the problem.

Make sure you don't tighten your supports too much. You want the 6/12 supports to be snug so they hold the racket in place well and you want the other supports to just pretty much touch the frame without tightening them to squeeze the frame.

What tension are you stringing at ? Do you increase your tension for crosses ?

#2 yan.v, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    play around with cross tension. i noticed that, at least for my machine, there will be no deformation when cross=main tension. if cross tension is more than 1.5 lbs. there will be a mm or so of wiggle. and it will be snug when just around 1lbs.

all machines and supports are different and you just need to experiment.