racket to replace victor bs 09 (red and silver)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by nauygnoy, Aug 4, 2015.

1. nauygnoy

nauygnoy Regular Member

Hello all,

I have been playing badminton leisurely (doubles) and my level of play is around high intermediate to advanced being a trained player. I have been using a vicgtor bs 09 3u (red and silver) for years and am planning to get a new racket. Havent been looking at rackets much after I bought my bs 09 and recently found out that the newer ones include yy zf2, victor tk series and jetspeed series. I would really appreciate if anyone could give me some reccommendations. Thank you very much!

2. hanshinji

hanshinji Regular Member

sorry but i don't have an answer but i'd like to piggyback on this thread as i am in search for new racket after my victor BS LYD limited edition got broken today. :(

i am a huge fan of LYD so i bought this racket, but i was little disappointed at the (lack of) durability in my first victor racket. every strong frame hit(by mistake or whatever) would leave a paint chip. my entry yonex nanospeed was much more durable. but it was my favorite racket by far and i used it as my primary.

i tried yonex zf2 (lee chong wei version) today, and it really felt awesome. it felt like it was adding power to my smash. also the material seemed very durable. i'd like to stay with victor for rackets, but other than BS-LYD, i don't have much experience with other victor rackets. which victor line would be comparable to yonex zf2, and how do they comare?

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    There is always the BS09N. Ugly ass color but essentially the same racket.

I wouldn't try to find anything in the Victor line that actually comes close to the Voltrics but if you really must then the Thruster K line is a step in that direction.

4. hanshinji

hanshinji Regular Member

is zf2 that good? i mean, when i tested it out, it was pretty awesome. but is it the general feeling that this is one of the best racket out there right now?

5. CourtGod

CourtGod Regular Member

Every racket can be the best. ZF2 is up on the advanced tier list but ofc not the best since its up to the user to use its full potential. If you're still sticking to the Victor rackets you should take a look at their thurster k series (preferably tk9000). Honestly if you like the zf2 just grab it and give it ago.

6. nauygnoy

nauygnoy Regular Member

Thanks for the recommendation. i'll be taking a look at bs 09n. not sure if it's the same as the old bs 09.

7. the_cutter

the_cutter Regular Member

I second getting the BS 09N. Saw and compared both, only the colors are different.

8. nilavu

nilavu Regular Member

Regular & Boring
    The old bs09 silver and the new bs09n are the same ??

I left a deal for the silver bs09 just for 1800 INR. ( it's like 30 USD )

But my friend bought it and there was one problem. He said he can see the frame bending slightly if tries to string over 24 lbs.

Do you know what was the maximum string tension in the old bs09??

9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Just sounds like he got a fake or a cracked one. It's way too cheap.

10. nilavu

nilavu Regular Member

Regular & Boring
    I thought it's fake at first, but Victor is not popular in India to make fake rackets out of it..defective piece maybe..but it played good when I tried it..less tiring and just the expected punch..

11. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Well ot doesn't make sense. I've taken the old red and silver 09 to 31lbs with barely any movement. So either the stringer didn't set his supports right or that's a lemon.