Voltric Z-Force II or Armortec 900 Technique?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Makkem_1, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

I wonder if any of you have advice in choosing between these 2 great rackets. Say, if you're a singles player with a game built on a great smash and net-play. I'm coming back to playing after a long injury hiatus.. i had a Armortec Technique and lucked into a voltric as a present not long ago. But i'm finding out what i can and can't do after 2 years away and i'm too quick to read into the fluctuations in form, and with ongoing back + shoulder problems... too many variables to work out what's going wrong!

2. SuperAustinChu

SuperAustinChu Regular Member

Student
    Personally after using both of them, I would recommend sticking with Armortec 900T. Just remember to use continuous gourmets if you're gonna string it at high tension.

Doubles player. Same as you, I had a shoulder injury before. More of a aggressive smasher now, after lots of rehab.

However, I am curious, why this two choices only?

3. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    I have both... stick to the AT900T first while you're easing back into the game. Once you're back to consistency, the VTZF2 is quite the formidable weapon.

4. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

Why both rackets? Because they're the two I have. I loved the technique before I was injured, I thought God Himself had made that racket. Never found anything that suited my game that well. I never would have been tempted to move on to newer rackets but and somebody got me the voltric and i thought about making the switch permanent when the technique stopped being sold here (UK). I don't think i'll buy any more rackets unless god forbid i break one!

To be honest, so far I've found the voltric feeling heavier and stiffer than i'm used, not getting the snap on the smashes (so far).... Side question.. Does it make sense that I can accelerate the Technique faster just cos its lighter and get a heavier smash from the Technique? (e.g. I had a go of a Ti-10 once and really struggled to get any juice out of it, it just felt awkward.)

Definitely for pushes, net shots, deceptive pushes, and late slice drops and such the Technique's got the edge. Anything wristy, the Tec is king. What I do like with the Voltric is that you can get amazing depth from a clear if you get a bit in trouble whereas with the Tec, you'd just get a short clear. And I can feel my drop shot a bit more with the Voltric cos its heavier I think. I think the old me would have enjoyed the Voltric for smashing. I don't really know what the new me can do, whether I'm gonna have to change my play style if i want to continue playing, because I'm still carrying the injuries.

Shoulder and back problems... lost my mojo. Everyone boasts about their smash if they're male lol but mine was seriously heavy before. The rest of my game distinctly ordinary except i worked hard on my net play when i realised that not only would i not have to run as much, but also get more smashes. :) I want it back. To be honest, i've only played doubles since getting back on court, i don't want my ego comprehensively trashed by playing singles when i'm this rusty!

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts. I'm just going to watch LCW heartbreak. Poor guy, I hope he finally gets a major before he retires!

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    You own both rackets, so it's the best thing if you decide on your own. Both rackets are different. Very different. The 900T has a more flexy shaft and is only slightly head heavy. Is your AT900T a 4U one?
    I think there are some reasons why one racket performs and suits you better than the other. If you are injured you should just use a not to demanding racket. If you need 2 3U Armortec 900T, I know a german shop which offers 2 for 235€ and one for 140€. If you are interested I share the link and help you to order them. They are legit and it's an online shop with good reputation.

6. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

My armortec is the 4U one - they never released the 3U in the UK although friends have got hold of the 3U version somehow. They are very different you're right, esp. the 4U to the 3U Voltric. Could use that link, though if i get a technique i may opt for another 4U. thanks for the advice.

.. i suspect the technique is going to be kinder to the injury. I may bring it out of retirement. I can get away with either i think. Its only a tool after all - if a very 'shiny' one. If i was the pre-injury me i'd persist with the voltric for a bit longer and see if it clicks. The new post-injury older and crappier version of me may end up trying to change my play style to be less raw attacking. In which case the tec. probably gives me more options.

7. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I figured out that two things injure me - Playing with a too heavy and/or too stiff racket, and throwing my shoulder at the shuttle too much rather than pronating my forearm. I still get an achy shoulder sometimes but not the stabbing debilitation pain I used to get.

Everyone knows I like 4U rackets, so my vote would be for a head heavy 4U, and I'm not sure...can you still get the 900T in 4U? Good advise on getting the grommets because those things get eaten by the strings. The carbon on the T is pretty soft by 'modern' standards,

I probably wouldn't go the ZFII because it's too beasty for me and I can't get the best out of it. You should also probably take a long hard look at the Victor TK900. Super nice racket, very playable, and good for singles as well as doubles. I used a 4U in that and it didn't lack any punch in the slightest.