Cracks after stringing?

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by Fanboy12, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Fanboy12

Fanboy12 New Member

Hi everyone, I would like some opinions about my racket after it's been strung. Yesterday I got my racket back from a stringer (who I've never used before) who strung it at 26lbs. I noticed there were some scratches, marks or cracks around the grommets in the 1/2 o'clock area, on one side only.

I'm not sure how they got there, but they almost definitely weren't there before as I checked the racket immediately after I cut the old strings out (didn't snap, just fancied a restring :cool:).

I then checked this evening to see if it had got any worse and it seems to have spread to below the lower grommet in the image. The photo with the lighter background is the one from this evening, while the other is from yesterday.

The racket im using is a Ti10 ltd and it's been strung about 5/6 times, usually with 26lbs, once with 27lbs when I was experimenting. It has not been used since the restring.

What do you recommend I do now?

Attached Files:

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hi, the cracks can be a result of slamming the awl deeply inside the hole. The Problem with this theory is that one of the shared holes is easy to treat. :confused:

IMO the grommets don't look like the stock ones and had been maybe replaced. Maybe he had stretched the grommets at the inside with something. Just a guess.

3. Fanboy12

Fanboy12 New Member

Thanks for the response. I was quite confused as I've never had an issue like this before. The racket broke a few nights ago so not too happy, looks like I won't be going back to that stringer lol.