Badminton string retention

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by john1994, Aug 29, 2015.

1. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

Why it is everytime I string 28 pound it drop so fast to 26 in just 1 game. While my friend who string 28 pound still feel solid feeling, Unlike mine after 1 game, the feeling get dull and dead. It is my stringer suck at stringing or what? I can never get the hard feel no matter what I am starting to doubt my stringer. Maybe he suck at stringing? Should I string other place? Using bg 80

#1 john1994, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  2. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Nice attitude to have, I'd never string for you after reading this.

3. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    String normally drops 10% of its tension very quickly.

4. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

so what should I do? string higher? I mean my friend string a week ago, I only string yesterday and today is dull feeling while my friend still feel fresh we both had the same racket TK 9000 and same bg 80, 28 pound.

5. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

Lol no I ask for 28 lb, and I got 25lb, I went back to complain. so they give me free restring and I feel like I still did not get 28lb and seem like they string it 27lb instead..... I doono if my stringer is scare to break my racket or he just suck, but if he scare to string high tension. He should tell me not waste my money because I can always string other place. But I might be wrong, that why I starting to doubt my stringer. Lost my tournament due to that sigh. Always lost because tension too low or drop fast. I am super strong arm and wrist. Should just tell my string 32 pound instead lol.

6. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Go to your friend's stringer?

7. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

I did but is too far from my place. So ya I feel like going back to my stringer and ask for 35lb. I want hard feel grr I want to smash like monster. Low tension just no sound.

8. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    You're fussing over the sound..?

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Ask him for prestretch. If he doesn't know what that is... go somewhere else:).

10. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Maybe there is just a different treatment of your requests. If somebody asks for 28lbs most stringers would do: 26x28 or 27x29 or only a few 28x30. I normally do 27x29. This could be one reason.
    Maybe both stringers do 27x29. Yours on a crank machine with flying clamps and your friend's stringer on an ECP with fixed clamps. As long as you are satisfied with the string performance it doesn't matter.
    I know some stringers who lower your requests without any comment. The reasons are string life, maybe fear of breaking the racket or they don't think that you can handle this tension.
    Some stringers pre weave the racket, before they start. That can also cause a lower result because of the friction.

After all, if you want to smash like a monsters, you should firstly train and become a monster before you blame the stringer for your smash. No offense but we have a saying: "If the farmer can't swim, it's because of the trunks."

You can ask for PS. If a stringer deliver a softer result than you are usual, you can ask for 2lbs more.

11. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

I guess I ask him for 32lb and I will wait there and 40 minutes and see him face to face. I lose like 2 tournament because of this damn stringer honestly. I thought the first time I might unlucky, but now the second time same thing, so I am getting frustrated. I even lost to weaker player because I could not unleash my power because of low tension.

#11 john1994, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  12. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

No the tension too low man I felt delay in my shot, I am fast player I like to increase my pace of the game, but the tension is so low it mess up my timing. Sound is important because it tell me how high the tension is. High tension crazy sound, low tension sound like spring.

13. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Singles? If singles, you should ask yourself when do you lost the points. I think that it's a bit harsh to blame the stringer for your results. What if he really went for a 31/33 job and you broke the string on your racket? I think you would also curse him, or not?
    Do you blame your shoes if you don't reach the shuttle quick enough?;) IMO it's sad that you get 2 times a crappy job but if you don't enjoy the food at a restaurant you will avoid it. So the solution is easy. Go to your friends stringer.

14. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Three options:

1) Change stringer if you can't get him to string your rackets the way you like it.
    2) Stick to your stringer and stop complaining.
    3) String for yourself and see if you can do better. ;)

15. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

Well I thought all stringer are the same. Aren't they all using the machine, I mean does stringer really has skill? is stringing a sport where if u advanced level meaning the string get better? I mean everyone use machine, I mean using machine should be consistence. I doono much about stringing I never string one myself.

16. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

My point is I want to know if my stringer is wrong or am I just unlucky. Or perhap difference string work different well. Lol why is badminton so confusing, unlike basketball just get a ball and pump air and play so simple. Damn badminton, the grip, the string tension, type of string, head heavy, head light seriously so many things to learn. The science of badminton is too much. Compare to basketball just pump air in the ball and play easy easy.

17. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Of course not all stringers are the same. :rolleyes:
    Depends on the machine, experience and the skill, indeed.

No way we can tell if it's a bad stringjob or not...

It's as difficult as you make it. The more you know, the more you think about it, instead of focussing on technique and tactics. :D

18. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    4) Stop thinking you are superman

19. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    5) don't blame your loses on tension

20. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Did you consider your tension might be too high for your level of play?